|| 093 || Sleepy Time Tea 🦋 O/F

Art by snozaki on Danbooru

Request by @AshSkyWalker12

Uruha Rushia x !Gender Neutral! Reader

I apologise for this being so short but for some reason I struggled writing this chapter (maybe because in my mind the idea was better fit for a drabble rather than a chapter). If you want I can write another Rushia chapter later but for now I don't think I can make it any longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, SodaFunk-chan! Arigato!" Rushia tried her best to sound cheery, but was quickly cut off by an incoming yawn. Her cup of Sleepytime Tea the two of you had been drinking throughout the stream was nearly empty. Yours on the other hand was still half full, but had turned tepid much to your chagrin.

"Rushia, maybe you should go to sleep?" You leaned over and whispered softly to her. Rushia grunted and swatted you away which proved to be more cute than anything. It only annoyed her more when chat agreed with you.

"No, no. M'fine. Can keep going" She rubbed her eyes and gently slapped her own cheeks as if she was slapping the drowsiness out of her system. You made a mental note not to let Rushia stream so late again. You also made another mental note to get some more tea from Choco later.

Another yawn as Rushia tried her hardest not to let her eyes droop to far. You just shook you head and wrapped an arm around her shoulders and gently shifted her into your lap. The necromancer hummed and let her head rest on your collar bone. Her turquoise hair tickled your nose somewhat, and her hands grabbed a little too tightly at your shirt.

"Ten more minutes then we're finishing the stream, kay?" You mumbled the question just loud enough for her to answer, to which she just nodded sleepily.

After a quick explanation to the chat and an explosion of 'cute!', '(Shipname)!!' and 'てえてえ!', you settled back down to finish reading the rest of the superchats from the previous stream, all while Rushia peacefully napped on your lap. Every now and then, you'd hear her mumble something under her breath, something along the lines of "(Y/N) kawaii... Warm and soft", which made you flush red.

You smiled, one hand remaining on your mouse while the remained firmly wrapped around Rushia's own (partially because she had reached out and you couldn't say no, and partially because she had a death-grip on your hand and you couldn't let go even if you wanted to).

"Rushia, I think it's time you go to bed" You didn't even give her time to respond, not that she would in the first place. After two minutes Rushia had fallen asleep, head nestled in the crook of your neck.

After manoeuvring around her, you quickly switching to the 'Stream Finished' screen while muting both your mics. You'd officially end the stream after tucking the tired necromancer in.

It was easy to carry her over to the bed, but the hard part was untucking the sheets and blankets with both your hands occupied. Eventually, you managed to somehow shove the blankets out of the way and set Rushia down on her bed, making sure she was comfortable before bringing the thick duvet up to her shoulders, tucking her in carefully.

A heart-warming sight. Her cheeks slightly flushed with her turquoise hair splayed out on her pillow. You carefully unpinned her hair, removing the ribbons keeping her hair in her signature bun style. Rushia sighed happily as you ran your fingers through her hair, smoothing out any knots before leaning over and giving her a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Oyasumi, Rushia-chan" You smiled and ended the stream, taking off your shoes and snuggling in bed beside her.