|| 097 || Lost In The Void 👁 O/F

Art by allwifeman on twitter

Requested by - My hazed gay brain

WAHtcher x !Gender Neutral!Takodachi!Reader (plus some Ina because I couldn't not give her some extra love)

Mmm pretty androgynous ancient god person

My brain is fuzzed from being stuck on the same piece of homework for three hours please forgive sloppy writing okay peace I'm going to disappear back into my hyperfixations *disappears into a gay fog*.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your eyes darted nervously back and forth, scouring across the dark and desolate landscape. The void was never scary when you were with your priestess and countless Takodachi friends, but now it seemed crushing, swallowing your tiny, purple form. Your little ear flaps pressed against your head as you gnawed the inside of your mouth with your two, tiny fangs. After wandering four what felt like hours, you were no closer to finding your way out than you were a few minutes ago.

"Ina? Ina!" You called for your priestess, hoping she would find you. Your voice came out as distressed chirps, the sound only travelling for a few metres before becoming almost unintelligible.

You continued blipping forward.

You had lost all hope by now, dread chewing at your gut. By now you had accepted the fact that you'd probably be known as the Takodachi that got lost and now haunted the void, immortalised as a children's story that older Takodachis told younger ones so they wouldn't wander off on their first trip through the void. You didn't know if that was good or bad, but you really didn't want to stay stuck out here.

Without warning, your own stubby tentacles tangle themselves briefly, making you trip over. The Takodachi equivalent of tripping over your own feet. Instead of landing on the somewhat cushioned floor of the void, you continued falling into a new and intriguing world. The surface you landed on was much softer than the one you had been tottering along for the past few hours, flower petals falling on to your thankfully unharmed body.

In fact, it almost felt like you were slowly sinking into a watery marsh. The numerous flowers surrounding you danced back and forth so subtly that you barely noticed the fact that this was in fact a body of still water, and that you rubbery little body just floated on its surface.

You blinked a few times, and instead of looking around, you decided to look in the direction you fell. Instead of seeing the darkness of the void, your were met with a masked face, Ao-chan's inscription etched beautifully on stark-white material.

"?̷e̵d̴a̶F̶ ̴?̵r̴a̶e̶h̷ ̷u̶o̶y̵ ̶n̴a̴C̷ ̸?̶o̸l̴l̶e̸H̶" The figure leaned a little closer, holding and outstretched hand towards you. Her voice seemed so familiar, yet the dialect she spoke made it almost unrecognisable. The fact that you may have just fallen through the void might have something to do with the fact the you didn't recognise the voice right away.

"Ah, ah. Ah, ah" They spoke, testing their voice like one would test a mic. "Ah! Hi, hello there." They reached out a finger, gently running it back and forth over the space between you ear flaps. Their touch was gentle and soft, and you saw no issue in leaning in. A giggle escaped from their unseen lips.

"Can you understand me now?" Their, or maybe her voice was so crystal clear. Your priestess had come to collect you after all! She laughed again, and responded as if reading your mind.

"No, no, no, no, no. No, no" She gently chided you, helping right yourself before standing up. You hadn't even realised she had been squatting down to reach your height. "I just chose a voice that was very familiar to you" You couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, your ear flaps drooping ever so slightly.