|| 045|| Sacrifice? 🐙 O/F

Art by anzai_growth on twitter

!Goddess!Ninomae Ina'nis x !God/Goddess!GN!Reader

Fluff

*Slams fists against desk* It's Ina month

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite the fact that you were an other-worldly being with immense power, you lived a fairly normal life. Wake up, have breakfast, have a shower and get dressed. Although unlike the humans, you didn't have to work to keep your life in tip top shape, your followers helped you enough with that.

But still, you'd do odd internet jobs here and there to have a little extra spending money other than the offerings you were given in exchange for blessings.

And what would one do with this money?

Well, you had no idea what others might do, but for you? It mostly went to super-chatting the only other god-like being you were close with. Ninomae Ina'nis.

When Ina first received her powers, you were there beside her, helping her get past all her troubles and teaching her all your little methods on how to control her strength. And being one of the most well known had its perks. Besides your large following, your reputation also kept AO-Chan's malicious intentions at bay.

Somewhere along the way, the line between friend and lover started to blur with your relationship. On the one hand, you'd just spend days at each others houses just playing Minecraft, but on the other hand, you'd spend nights sharing intimate moments together. Neither of you really cared, and were happy to keep your relationship unlabelled.

But I'm rambling. Now, where was I? Normal day... Super-chatting... Ina- Ah yes.

So here you were just enjoying the gentle heat of the sun as you walked home. Along the way, you decided to take a little scenic shortcut through a small stretch of woods. Most people would think this would be a stupid idea, what if someone tried to jump you and rob you, but you had your ways (most of which included a lot of violence).

And jumped you were, by a group of people dressed in dark robes that smelt fainly of sea water and fried takoyaki. As soon as you saw the familiar symbol sewn into the clothes, you knew immediately who they followed. How did you know? Well, other than the fact you knew the leader directly, you had also stolen one of her hoodies with the same symbol on it.

You half wanted to know what would happen, but the other half wanted to rush home in order to catch Ina's next stream. 'Buuuuut, if I let them take me to wherever they're gonna take me, assuming I'm meant to be a sacrifice, I'll get to see Ina either way, so win win. Plus, this way our next Minecraft session can be way earlier' you hummed internally, not really reacting as the nearest cultist rudely shoved a bag over your head that smelled like pen ink tasted. It made you gag somewhat, but, whatever.

The trip to what you would find out was one of Ina's main churches was a little longer than what it would've taken you to get home. And you had to give props to te cultists for being careful with the way they were holding you, good job guys!

You didn't get to see the outside of the building, but it would be impossible to compare with how the inside looked. Neat and clean with small waterfall decorations tucked into every corner with large, umbrella like leaves overlapping and creating a crisp but humid atmosphere. Besides that, the whole room looked like a mixture of a zen garden, a cult's sacrificial alter (which made sense considering why you were here) and Ina's own home (which was odd considering why you were here).

Hastily, the cultists sat you down in the middle of the room on a stone circle which was inlaid with various carvings. As you looked closer, you realised it must've been a story of Ina's younger days with the way she was drawn, and you even saw your own depicting amidst the lines.

One of the robed figures pulled an almost hidden leaver, letting a mysterious, dark liquid that simultaneously seemed to glow leak into the engravings. While the cultist did whatever they were doing, the pedestal rose off the ground, spinning slowly until you could touch the tree tops.

"Who would make a building with an open roof in the middle of a forest is a fucking idiot" You chuckled, sweeping a few seeds off the pedestal, only to watch them bounce off an invisible barrior. You just shrugged your shoulders.

You had some idea with what went into a sacrifice. Of course, you were mostly the one being sacrificed to, not the sacrificial... person? I guess. But you knew the cultists had to do some sort've summoning ritual, but you knew Ina was streaming right now, so who would arrive?

Your unasked question was quickly answered when the fuzzy, almost invisible sight of AO-Chan shimmered in mid air. Now, here's the thing. As a being that was higher ranked than the Ancient Ones, you were able to see them without being driven insane, you could also see them in this realm in general. The cultists, however, wouldn't be able to see AO-Chan at all.

They rumbled a deep laugh, the surrounding areas shaking along with it. They looked like they were about to jump into a villainous monologue before realising it was you. When they did, they sighed like a tired parent, waving a stray tentacle at you in a 'stay here' motion before disappearing. Well you had nothing to do, so you layed down with cloud-watching being your only source of entertainment while you waited for either AO-Chan or Ina returned. It was fine, you'd been stuck at the bottom of the ocean for centuries upon centuries, so spending an afternoon cloud-watching should be a piece of cake. Right?

Well, you were wrong.

Despite the fact that you could indeed keep yourself entertained like this, it just wasn't working. Just the thought of the fact that the rest of your day would probably be spent cuddled up next to Ina while the two of you played Minecraft made your heart (or whatever you had as an inhuman anomaly) flutter in impatience.

So you layed there, staring off into space thinking about the octopus priestess as you ran your fingers through the grooves of the stone. Below you, the cultists were milling about, wondering why you were laying on your back and 'cloud-watching'.

"Watcha lookin at?" A very familiar voice chided to your left. You didn't react on the outisde, only looking towards where Ina was sitting cross-legged. On the inside, however, your mind was a wurr of emotions. Shock. She came out of nowhere and almost scared you shitless. Happiness. Ina was finally here, close enough for you to shuffle closer and wrap her in a hug. And some weird third emotion. Hot? Fluttering, jumpy feeling in your chest and stomach. Did you eat a frog again? You didn't remember doing so.

You just sat up and turned to her, giving her a small smile (which she returned in full earnest, her ear flaps twitching adorably.

"Minecraft?" You stood up, offer one hand while waving another absent mindedly to whip up a portal to your house. Ina's face visibly lit up as she took your hand, nuzzling into your side as you entered the familiar, cushy living room put together by your followers.

"I'm gonna get changed real quick" Ina said as she brushed past you, going into the direction of your room. While waiting, you pulled out the custom switches you'd recieved some years ago, getting comfortable with a soft blanket on your couch.

Now you might be asking why a switch and not a pc setup. Well, it's because Ina was big on cuddling while you played Minecraft, and if you haven't noticed, a pc and moniter doesn't really go well with that, so playing on a switch was much easier.

And by the time you'd finished setting up, Ina was back dressed up in one of what was obviously your hoodies. It was a little big on her, but it just mader her look ever cuter when she scrunched up, trying to get more warmth.

And that's how you spent the rest of your day. Laying on your couch with Ina cuddled up to your, her head resting on your chest as your legs remained firmly tangled.

Hey, sometimes gods need a bit of downtime.