|| 064|| Squishy 🐔 O/F

Art by kukie-nyan on Danbooru

!Phoenix!Takanashi Kiara x !GN!Reader

Fluff

Short

Next chapter is the 100 chapter special, and as a note, it'll probably take awhile to write considering I have *skims through chapter* 49 segments to write for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a peaceful evening. You were relaxing on the slightly worn couch, watching a few episodes of (favourite anime) as you snacked on (favourite snack). Most of the curtains were drawn close, with the exception being a smaller one closer to the door of your shared apartment. Thankfully, it was a relatively warm night despite it being the middle of Winter, which was a win-win considering

1. It was warm

and

2. Since it was the middle of Winter, no annoying insects!

You huddled down in your downy blanket, silently cheering your victory against the mosquitos.

Now, there was only one thing missing from this perfect night. You quickly checked the time on your phone, frowning when you noticed she was running late. Where was-

"KIKERIKI!!" Ah, there she was.

In a majestic swoop of turquoise and orange feathers, you birb girlfriend swooped through the window, tail feathers still alight with a few embers. The phoenix hopped along the window sill, preening a few of her feathers before closing the window with her beak. With a cheerful 'pipipi' she flapped her wings and glided on to the couch, landing right beside your head.

"And a kikeriki to you too, Kiara" The phoenix squawked a few times, almost like she was laughing as she nuzzled closer to you, running her beak through your hair gently. You chuckled and scritched her face feathers softly, feeling the phoenix melt under your touch.

"Y'know, I think you should stay in your phoenix form more often. It's cute, and you said staying in your human body hurts you, right?" Kiara paused and shuffled from side to side, the cogs turning in her phoenix brain. After a good few moments of contemplation, Kiara cooed happily, moving from the back of the couch to your shoulder and squishing against you.

"I'll take that as a yes" Kiara didn't respond, only trying to get closer as she wound her tail feathers around your shoulders.