|| 014 || Howdy Partner 💀 O/F

Art by MLeeLunsford on twitter

━━━━━━━

!Sherrif!Calliope Mori - Romantic Oneshot (Sheriff Calli <3)

Requested by I think I wrote about this on twitter once

Word Count →  958 Words

Warnings/Notes → Probably a little scuffed with the pacing of this chapter but I can't really be bothered to do anything about it. Still a little old but not as old as some of the other chapters

━━━━━━━

You inwardly sighed feeling the warm, bitter liquid run down your throat. After gulping down the rest of the alcohol, you slammed the small shot glass back on to the counter, relishing in the buzzing sensation you chased.

Even after you hopefully escaped the grip of the death grip of the sheriff, your heart was still pounding in your chest loudly. But whether it was from fear or something else was undetermined. I mean, on the one hand you really didn't want to be put in jail for a small string of crimes, but on the other hand, have you seen Sheriff Calliope?

Perhaps it was the alcohol poisoning the way you were thinking, but apart of your kinda want Sheriff Calliope to catch you. I mean- No, you did not want that, but you couldn't deny she was a looker. Plus her voice made you feel weak in the knees.

You wished your could punch your brain for going along this train of thought, but instead you just slumped into the counter even more, not even responding when the bartender offered you another drink.

Outside, every now and then, hoofbeats would pass. Every time they did, you felt your fight or flight instincts kick in, urging you to run as far as you could. Hell, maybe you'd even skip over a few towns and start anew. But deep down inside you knew that wouldn't happen. Why? Because when the saloon door opened, there she stood.

Sheriff Calliope, spiked hat, red bandana, menacing cloak along with a glare that could kill. An imposing figure known for tracking down and hunting even the most skilled of criminals. The first one that came to mind whenever the subject came up was a trio who went by obvious nicknames. I mean, who calls their child Shark? Or Priestess? Or even Detective? Not good ones, that was for sure.

You hoped the fact that you looked about as passed out as someone could would deter her from inspecting you, but coming from the most head-strong and stubborn sheriff of all time? Not likely.

And before you knew it, you were grabbed by the back of your shirt and lifted ever so slightly off the floor to meet a pair of terrifyingly pretty wine red eyes.

"(Criminal name) it seems I've finally caught ya'" You responded to her thick, southern drawl with a drunken hiccup, squinting to see properly.

"Since when were there three of you?" You mumbled haphazardly, not really caring what happened after this. Your question was met with a curt smirk and a dangerous narrow of her eyes.

"Already this drunk? And only an hour later?" Sheriff Calliope barked out a harsh laugh, prompting the rest of the bar patrons to laugh along with her. "You really are pathetic?" She hissed. You only giggled.

"Preeetty lady~" You slurred, an obvious blush spreading across your face. Sheriff Calliope visibly recoiled at this, a large blush of her own covering her face. She shook you slightly, not happy, or at least not used to the remark.

Calliope frowned. Usually when she made an arrest, they'd scream, kick, just do something in hopes that they might get away. Hell, literally any type of negative reaction, but she sure as hell didn't expect to be called pretty from a drunken small time criminal.

She snarled, whipped around and dragged you out of the saloon, even as you continued to gush and giggle over her.

Right where she had left him tied to the pole as she made your arrest was her best friend, Mr. Steeds. A beautiful, ink black Friesian he was. Many hot days they had chased after criminal after criminal. Many years had it been since she'd rescued him as a young stallion. Many months since they'd begun their journey, and she never regretted being kicked out of her own town for stealing him.

In fact, over the years she had garnered a nickname other than Sheriff Calliope, and that was reaper. A combined mix of a dark, almost shadow-like horse along with her billowing cape often convinced people they had just seen the grim reaper on they way to reap their next soul. Perhaps in a way she could be compared.

"Do people tell you you're sexy enough? Well, I mean I ca-

...

Calli groaned, hiding her face in her hands as you looked at her smugly from across the table. Of course you'd figure out a way to turn the game on her, and it made you especially smug since Gura had claimed you would be the first to lose.

And now here you were, doing your job as a certain phoenix's henchperson ensuring Calli would get embarrassed enough.

"(Y/N)! Stahp!" Calli huffed, breaking character just to try and shut you up. From the kitchen a voice called out'

"Good job (Y/N)!" Calli whipped towards the voice, yelling at Kiara for encouraging you. Meanwhile Ina was trying her hardest from keeping Gura and Amelia from trying to steal the raw cookie down she and Kiara were trying to bake.

Ah yes, a simple afternoon of table top roleplaying games and baking was a lovely way to wind down after a week of busy streams.

And you just sat there, casually pretending to check your nails as Calli continued to plea with you to stop flirting with her.