The trial (Last Chapter)

As me,Dani,and Mikel sit next to our lawyer,I'm looking at Jacob on the other side while he smirks at me.All I'm thinking is what the hell is he thinking about?

Aside from that sitting behind us are all of me and Mikels family,Dani's family,Rae and her family,Josh,Chris,Robyn,and a couple close friends of ours.The one person I didn't see was Micheal but of course I didn't expect him to come.If it was my choice I'd throw their whole family in prison,give or take Robyn.Oh yea and Roc's not here!At first I didn't think much of it but now we're 5 minutes from the trial starting and he's still not here.Even though I kinda walked away from him after he professed his love for me(?)I still thought he would be here for me.

I guess Dani noticed the sad look on my face."He'll be here he's just running late."She said leaning over to me.I smile a little looking at her.I look at Mikel and see him giving the death glare at Jacob.I chuckle a little."Dani try and calm him down."I tell her and she turns around to see what I'm talking about.

"We will now begin the case of Cameron and Harper versus Perez.Can I hear the prosecution's opening statement."The judge asks but it sounds more like a demand.Our lawyer stands up and states why Jacob should receive punishment."Defendent."Jacob's lawyer stands up but I don't listen to what he says.I was told Jacob is pleading guilty and he's just looking for a smaller sentence.After that they really start the trial and my plan is to just sit back and wait til it's over,I don't have to testify cuz I've already given my statement.Can't wait to see his bum ass taken in hand cuffs.

So it's been like 30 minutes and nothing new has been said.Our lawyer has been quoting our statements,making claims,and showing evidence and his lawyers is just agreeing but giving reasons why he's done everything he's done.
Jacob needs help that's it.

"If you wouldn't mind your honor,on behalf of my client Jacob Perez,I  would like to ask Ms.Alexis Cameron some questions in the presence of you and everyone in this court."His lawyer says and I jump up at the sound of my name."Your honor what is he gonna ask that's going to change anything besides the time this trial ends?"Our lawyer asked annoyed."I'll allow it."The judge says and I get up hesitantly and trudge up to the witness stand.What the hell is he gon ask me?

After they swear me in I turn to his lawyer."Hello Ms.Cameron."He says smiling fakely.I give him a blank look cuz I don't have time for that bull."Ok.Why are you pressing charges on Jacob?"I scoff."He kidnapped me and killed our unborn child."I say."Ok you talk about a child.So that means you two engaged in sexual intercourse right?"He asks making me uncomfortable.I look to my lawyer."Your honor?"My lawyer says and the judge nods."Question dismissed."    "Sorry what I meant to ask was have you two engaged in sexual intercourse since or after your seperation?"He asks and I try my best to remain emotionless."No."I answer immediately."You're under oath."He reminds me and all I'm thinking is that son of a bitch told."Ok."    "So have you or have you not?"His voice getting stern."Why is that anyone's concern?"I ask gritting my teeth."Answer the question Ms.Cameron...honestly this time."He says and I lose it."YES ok yes we did!"I yell and everyone gets surprised which causes me to get angry.I didn't want anyone to know about it,especially not my family and friends."When?"He asks pushing it."3 days ago."I choke out."Ok thats enough."He says and turns around."Wait!Can I just explain?"I ask in tears."I wasn't in my right mind with all the things I've been going through I called him but I don't remember much except waking up the next morning next to him.I kicked him out right after.It didn't mean anything I swear!"I say more to the crowd just in case Roc was there or not."Alright that's enough Ms.Cameron return to your seat.I" get up crying in front of the whole court room and sit down in my seat next to Dani.Mikel starts calling my name as they resume with the trial.I don't answer cuz I'm too ashamed to look at him especially cuz I missed him waking up to fuck Jacob."Mikel just leave her alone."She says and he stops.I want this all to be over.I think shaking my head.