For the baby

Alexis' P.o.V

I decided...I decided to meet with Jacob.Sigh.This is probably not a good idea but despite what I said I just don't think it's fair for my child to never know their father...It's all for the baby.

I get in the backseat of Mikel's car.Roc is sitting shotgun."Aye Alexis are you sure you want to do this?"Mikel asks me looking through the rearview mirror.I nod and look out the window.Am I?

It's silent except for the sounds of Mikel and Roc taking puffs from a blunt.The windows are rolled all the way down."Where are you two going anyways?"I ask curious.Mikel doesn't answer so I look to Roc."We're just gonna chill at Josh's house."He says avoiding my eyes.I know he's lying to me but honestly if it doesn't affect me negatively I don't care.

I drop the subject and a couple minutes later we pull up to the same restaurant me and Jacob went to,Dreamers.I only agreed to this place to see if my feelings for him were still there.

I get out the car and so do Roc and Mikel.I hug Mikel and he kisses my forehead."Call me if you need me cuz I'll kill a nigga."He says causing me and Roc to laugh.I go over to hug Roc and he kisses my lips,which I hesitantly allow.We're not together...yet.

We separate then I wave and walk in.I search for Jacob but I'm stopped my one of the waitresses.

"Yes?"I say turning around.It's the same lady from before."I thought that was you so I came to say hi."She says in her southern accent.I give a polite laugh."You're pregnant?!"She says looking down at my bump for the first time.I rub my belly."Yea."I say smiling at her."How far along are you?"She asks me still smiling."Just about 5 months."I answer her question."Ok do you know what you're having?"She asks.I nod."A boy."   "Oh my gosh!That's so cute!"She say excitedly.I laugh."Well I'm sorry for taking up your time."She apologizes."It's no problem."I say and see Jacob walk in.He starts walking over to us. "Well I have to go."She says."Oh ok bye."   "Bye!"She waves and walks out of the restaurant.I hear Jacob call my name.

I take a deep breath

Ok I can do this.

I turn around."Hey Alexis."He says smiling faintly.He's grown a little goatee and his eyes are red."Hi."I say quickly."Um let's sit."He says awkwardly.I nod and he gets us table.We wait in silence and then we sit down."Um do you want anything to eat?"He asks me."I didn't come here to eat Jacob."I spit at me.He frowns."You're right..sorry."He drops his head and looks at the table."Look I wanted to discuss the rights and visiting situation."I say pulling out some papers from my purse.I start positioning the papers in front of him and then I toss a pen at him."I need you to sign over your rights."I say with no emotions.He looks up at me."What?"He asks his voice shaking.

I swear if this nigga cries...

"Sign.Over.Your.Rights."I say slowly."I want to be in it's life Alexis!You can't do that to me or it and--"He starts but I cut him off."It's a he Jacob."I say lowly."What?"He asks."It's a fucking he Jacob so stop calling my child an it!"I yell at him."Well how was I supposed to know you never called to tell me or invited me to the appointments."He says frustrated."Well excuse me if I didn't want to see you!"I say sarcastically.He sighs."Look.I don't care if you like me or not I'm not signing these papers."He says and tosses the paper back to me."Why?Why do you insist on ruining my life?Why can't I be happy?!"I yell and start sobbing.

Hormones.

His face softens."How am I ruining your life when all I want to do is be in my child's life?"He asks me."You ruined my life when you cheated Jacob,and lied to my face over and over!You got another girl pregnant,one you know hates me...And now,knowing the pain you caused me and all the tears I cried for you,you can't just do this for me?"I pour out to him."Do what?"He asks for clarification."Get out of my life..."I say turning away.He nods."Ok."He picks up the papers and gets up."I'll send them to you when I sign them."He tries to walk away but he doesn't,instead he turns back to me."I love you,forever and always."And with that he walks away.

I know I shouldn't be crying but I can't help it I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all for the baby.