I'm sorry

1 week later

"Hello?"I say groggy into the phone."Oh I'm sorry did I wake you?"I hear Roc ask."Oh hey...no it's ok it's late late anyways."I say and look at the clock.

6 am

"Roc what the fuck?!It's 6 am!"I yell whisper into the phone."I know I'm sorry I just want to talk to you."He says.I breathe."Fine."  "I was gonna go for a run and I know you do sometimes so I was wondering..."He says but I cut him off."Sure.Come get me."I say wanting to talk to him too.After the party a week ago I haven't talked to him or Princeton."I'm already here."He says and I can hear him smiling through the phone."Ooookkkk.Lemme get dressed and I'll meet you out there."I tell him."Ok."He says and I hang up.I wash my face and put my hair in a ponytail.I put on my red basketball shorts with a black tank top and some gear.I text my parents where I'm going and walk out and into Roc's car.

We lock eyes."Hey."He says still looking into my eyes."Hi."I say and break eye contact.He starts the car."How'd you know I would say yes?"I question him.He smiles."You can't say no to your best friend."  "After what you said to me I didn't think you wanted to be my friend anymore."I say and his smile drops."I'm sorry Alexis."He says and I look up.We lock eyes again."For what?"I say wanting to hear him spell it out."For being a dick."He says."And I didn't mean any of it."He adds taking my hand in his.I break eye contact to look down at our hands."Uh Roc..."I say."Oh I'm sorry."He apologizes again and starts driving.He drives us to the park.

After the run

"I..uh-ca-nn...tt brea-theee."I stutter breathing heavily."Pass...me-th..the wat-er."I tell him.Roc laughs at me without handing me water.I regain breathe so I grab the water myself.I drink it then punch Roc in his shoulder."Jerk."I mumble."Owww."He whines."What was that for?"  "That was for laughing at me.And this one is for not handing me a water."I say and punch him but he moves to the side.

Did this nigga just..

But before I fall he catches me and pulls me to him.He pulls me a little to much so now we're chest to chest."Uh...thanks alot."I say but he doesn't answer me he just looks into my eyes.Then I swear he starts leaning in.

Nooooo!

I quickly move out of his arms.He looks at me."I'm sorry..it's just..."He says but I cut him off."It's ok,let's just go."I suggest and drives me home.

Why does everything gotta be so complicated?
________
Follow me on instagram @girl_wonder33