Chapter 61

Written 2015

Revised May 2021

*Ellie's POV*

Demi ended up writing a killer song. It was full of confidence, strength, and prevail.

That night, she ended up coming to bed at a decent hour, insisting we celebrate my promotion the best way she knows how; her head in between my thighs, tongue dancing flawlessly.

The following day, Demi scheduled a dress appointment at Forever My Love, a high-end bridal boutique. Lucky enough, they had a last-minute cancelation for today, which Demi graciously filled.

Dallas promised Demi she would help her dress shop when the time came. Keeping her word to her baby sister, she got on a red-eye flight last night, the only one available on such brief notice. Dallas was beyond thrilled to accompany Demi on such a special occasion.

Throughout the workday, Demi bombarded my phone with very suggestive photos of herself, showing just mere inches of dozens of potential wedding dresses. From what little of each dress she captured in the photos, I can conclude she wants an extravagant dress, showing just the right amount of cleavage. I'm not surprised, to say the very least.

Dallas planned on staying at least two nights to make the trip worth it. It's very far and in between the Lovato sisters get to see each other.

By the time I got home from work, Dallas and Demi had returned from dress shopping. With the limited time Dallas has to spend in Los Angeles, Demi made dinner reservations for eight; herself, Natalie, Matt, Marissa, Hayley, Dallas, my sister, and me.

"Hi, baby." I greet, giving Demi a quick kiss on the lips. "Dallas." I embrace her in a longing hug.

"Did you pick a dress?" I ask, looking around the house to catch even a glimpse.

"Yes, I picked a dress. No, you can not see it."

I pout, disappointedly.

Dallas interjects. "What about you, Ellie? When are you going dress shopping?"

"Next week. Hayley and I made an appointment at a boutique downtown. I fell in love with one of their dresses online. I'm hoping they have it in stock for me to try on."

"What does it look like?" Demi asks.

I smirk. "Nice try, but if I have to wait to see your dress, you'll have to wait to see mine."

The three of us gather around the couch, a glass of wine in our hands as we discuss the fast-approaching wedding.

"Demi calls our weekly wedding planning from Jacqueline 'homework'". I tease, causing Dallas to laugh.

"Oh come on, weekly to-dos, deadlines, check-ins. I wouldn't be surprised if she grades our aesthetic and wedding vows at our reception." Dallas almost spits out her mouthful of wine on the white couch. 

"What was your homework this week?"

"Figure out who will make up our bridal party."

"How does that work, with you both being brides? Do you both share the same bridal party?"

Demi and I can't help but laugh at Dallas' question. "Demi and I will have our own maid of honor and bridesmaids."

"What about your bachelorette party? Is there one party for the both of you or is that separate too?"

"It can be whatever we want it to be, but I guess that would be up to our bridal party and if they wanted to combine them or not."

"Unless you both want to watch each other receive lap dances from sexy strippers, I suggest having separate parties," Dallas suggests with a knowing smirk on her face. My eyes go wide as I turn to Demi, watching the blush rise to her cheeks immediately. Knowing how jealous Demi and I can be, I make a mental note to bring up the idea of separate bachelor parties to our bridal parties.