Chapter 68

A/N - Sorry, not sorry.

*Ellie's POV*

I snuggle into Demi as the sun peaks through the curtains. I feel her arm that's wrapped around me pull me in tighter.

"Mmm," I sigh, nuzzling my head into the crook of her neck. I feel her chest rise and fall with each breath. I extend my lips, leaving pepper soft kisses on her tender skin. 

She giggles as she pulls away, trying to free herself from my attack. 

"You're so soft," I say, continuing my assault on her neck.

"Behave, Ellie. Isabella is just across the hall." Demi insists. 

I stop, retracting my lips. I relax into Demi's arms, drawing circles on her stomach. "She didn't wake us up in the middle of the night. Do you think she slept okay?" I ask, suddenly worried.

Demi's hand reaches for mine, weaving our fingers together. She uses her thumb to caress the back of my hand lovingly. "I'm sure she's fine. You can check on her if that will make you feel better."

I sigh. "Are you sure?" 

Demi lifts her head up, just far enough to extend her lips, kissing my forehead softly. "Absolutely." 

I fight the urge for a few minutes. Isabella hasn't even been under our care for a full twenty-four hours yet. I don't want to be overbearing. However, the thought of the unknown gets the best of me, forcing me out of Demi's grip. I slip out of the bedroom and down the hall swiftly. 

I open Isabella's door quietly, unsure if it will creak or not. I pop my head inside, my eyes are immediately drawn to her twin sleigh bed. The bed is almost perfectly made, except for the small outline of her body that takes up less than a fourth of the entire bed. Isabella's wavy, blonde hair is cascaded across her pillow and blanket. I let go of the door handle, standing in the doorway for a while, just taking in the sight. A sight I never thought I'd see again. 

I watch as Isabella begins to stir in her sleep. She lifts her arms over her head to stretch. She sits up, her Supergirl doll falling onto the floor. I open the door all the way and walk towards the end of Isabella's bed, picking up her doll. 

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" I ask, handing her the doll. 

"Good. This bed is super soft." She exclaims. She looks towards the door then back at me. "Where's Demi?" 

"She's in the bedroom. You can go in there, she's awake." 

Isabella throws the covers off herself and dangles her feet off the bed before jumping down. With her doll in her hands, she exits her room and turns left down the hallway. I follow her, watching her stumble down the hallway and towards the master suite. She pushes the door open and waits in the doorway for an invitation to enter. 

"Good morning," I hear Demi greet her. It takes Isabella a few seconds before she lets go of the doorknob and enters the bedroom. By the time I make it down the hallway and into the bedroom, Isabella is sitting in the middle of the bed, in the middle of a conversation with Demi. 

I take a seat at the end of the bed, watching the two interact with each other. Demi leans over to Isabella, whispering something in her ear. Isabella giggles before nodding her head. 

With a mischievous smile across her face, Isabella crawls towards me. She lets go of her doll for a few seconds as she claps her hands together, lacing her fingers together. She brings them up to her chin with a pout. "Can Demi and I have pancakes for breakfast? Please?"