Chapter 18

Written 2015
Revised March 2021

*Ellie's POV*
"Can I join you?" Demi asks. My heart begins to race. It's not because I think its too early in our relationship for something so intimate. In fact, we've been dating for weeks and still have yet to see each other naked. I'm extremely self conscious about my body. I don't want her to be disappointed in what she sees. I turn around, looking at Demi. Hey eyes searching mine, waiting for an answer. I push my negative thoughts aside. Demi will have to see me naked sooner or later.

"Sure." I offer with a nervous smile. She follows me to the bathroom, a smile plastered on her face. I turn the water on with shaking hands, giving it time to heat up. I unravel my towel, letting it pool at the bottom of my feet. Demi can sense that I'm nervous. She turns around, letting me get undressed in private. I move the shower curtain, stepping into the tub before letting Demi know it's okay to turn around. I anxiously wait on the other side of the curtain for Demi to join me. I hear the shower curtain open then close. I can feel Demi's breath on my neck. I turn around, admiring Demi's exposed body. I scan her whole body, taking in every detail. From her protruding collarbones, to her distinct tan lines from her bikini, to her rib cage tattoo. I admire all of it, probably spending more time than I should looking at her naked body. I hope I'm not making her uncomfortable. I bring my gaze up to Demi's face, hoping she is not disappointed by the view. Her eyes are trailing down my body, her lips slightly open.

"Wow." She breathes out, licking her lips. "You're beautiful." She says. She regrets her compliment instantly. "Uh, I- I mean, you we're always beautiful, Ellie. You- you don't have to be naked to be beautiful, I just-" Demi rants nervously. I bring my arms up to her neck, placing a kiss on her lips to calm her down.

"I know what you meant." I reassure her. She takes a deep breathe out. I grab the shampoo bottle, squirting a small amount in my palms, rubbing them together. I turn Demi around, bringing my hands to her scalp. I lather the shampoo in her hair, using my fingers to cleanse her scalp from the harsh salt water. She rinses the shampoo out before washing my hair. We repeat the process with the conditioner.

She picks up a bottle of tangerine scented body wash. She squeezes some into her hand. "May I?" She asks, rubbing her palms together. I nod my head, taking a deep breath in closing my eyes. She brings her hands up to my shoulders, lathering the body wash. She avoids my breast, moving her hands from my chest to my abdomen. I feel a trail of light kisses down my neck. My breathe hitches in the back of my throat. The steam from the water already making it hard to breathe. Her hands begin to wander down. Her touch is light, almost non existent. Her hands slide down my spine slowly, stopping just above my back dimples. My eyes are still closed, but I'm sure Demi can see my chest expanding with every deep breath. Her hands rest gently on my bare ass for a few seconds before giving them a squeeze. Involuntarily I let out a soft moan in pleasure. Uh oh. Did Demi hear that? I slowly open my eyes, meeting Demi's. Her lips are formed into a smirk. She totally heard me. She removes her arms from my ass, placing them around my neck, pulling me in for a kiss. Her lips are more forceful than usual. She takes my lower lip between her teeth, biting down gently. We pull away for a breath of air before reattaching our lips. Her hands travel once again, down my neck, in between my breasts and down my abdomen, stopping just above my center. Her fingers lightly brush against my folds. I push Demi off of me. "We should get out." I say, letting the water rinse my body off of remaining body wash before opening the curtain and stepping out of the tub.

I walk back to the bedroom, leaving Demi in the bathroom. I unzipped my luggage, searching for a comfortable pair of clothes to change into. As I'm pulling my shirt over my head, I hear the floorboards creak behind me. I turn around. Demi is standing behind me in a towel. I really don't want to have this conversation.

She takes a seat on bed. "I'm sorry, I went too far." Demi apologizes. I take a seat next to her. "No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shut down like that and just leave."

"Are you okay?" She asks, looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah," I lie. "I'm fine." My leg begins to nervously shake up and down. I refuse to look her in the eyes, instead focusing on the picture frames of various photos I took of the beach.

"Ellie, relationships are built on trust. I trusted you today when you made me close my eyes and walk with you, remember?." She says. I don't say anything. She takes my hands in hers.

"Please... talk to me." She whispers.