Chapter 5 & 6

Written 2015
Edited March 2021*Ellies POV*
I wake up at 8:00 AM extremely tired, with a stiff neck. I wonder why I am sleeping on my living room chair when I see the silhouette of a body asleep on my couch. All the memories of last night begin to flood my mind. I remember when my ex cheated on me, I had no motivation to do anything for a week. Remembering my experience I decide to make her breakfast. I just hope I don't burn the toast this time.

*Demi's POV*
I wake up to an unfamiliar surrounding. I prompt my body up with my elbow. An array of family photos catch my eye and I remember where I am. Ellie's. I came here after my encounter with Wilmer.  A single tear escapes my eye and rolls down my already tear stained cheeks. I trusted him. I get off the couch and look for my shoes. They are neatly placed on the side of the couch with my jacket and purse. Ellie must have taken my shoes off for me after I fell asleep. Not wanting to bother Ellie any more than I already have, I quickly put on my shoes and walk towards her front door. On my way out I accidentally knock over a picture frame on her entryway table.

*Ellies POV*
I'm almost done plating breakfast when I hear something fall. I drape the kitchen towel over my shoulder and investigate. There I see Demi halfway out the door and a photo of my trip to Jamaica on the floor.  "Hey. Where are you going?" I ask her, bending down to pick up the frame. Luckily the glass didn't shatter.

"I was gonna go home. I didn't want to be a burden. You've been so kind to me, I don't want to overstep." She admits.

"You're not a burden." I reassure her. "Please stay. I made us breakfast." I say.

Demi's face becomes soft as if someone cooking her breakfast is foreign to her. She shuts the front door, setting her purse and jacket down in front of the door. She gives me a small smile before following me into the kitchen. She takes a seat at the island and I slide over a plate of food and a glass of orange juice. Eggs, extra crisp turkey bacon and slightly burnt toast. I'll get the hang of toast eventually.

Demi takes a bite of the scrambled eggs and tilts her head back, letting a small moan escape her lips. "These scrambled eggs are delicious, El!" She says, shoveling another bite of eggs in her mouth before swallowing the first.

"The secret is to add a dash of garlic powder to them before whisking them." I say.

*Demi's POV*
"That was delicious." I say while liking my fingers clean.

"Now that I work at a Diner, maybe I'll learn how to make some of their more exquisite menu items. Like their strawberry and cream cheese stuffed French toast." Ellie says, licking her lips, imagining the French toast.

"Or maybe you can learn to not burn toast." I snicker, knowing damn well she tried her best. "Oh shit. Your jacket!" I remember. After everything that happened yesterday, I never had time to drop it off at the dry cleaners before they closed. It's still in the backseat of my car.

"I think I should just throw it out at this point." Ellie suggests, shrugging her shoulders.

"I promised I would clean it."

"It's fine, Demi, really." She insists.

"Fine. At least let me buy you another one then!" I demand, turning my chair over to face her. After some bickering back and forth, Ellie gives in, agreeing to let me buy her another one.

***
Ellie is in the passenger seat of my Tesla, playing Among us on her phone. It's a red light so I take the time to study her features I have managed to look over in the short time I've known her. She has 4 piercings in one ear, all matching metallic blue. They even match her metallic nose stud. I think its cute. The driver behind me beeps. I was so focused on looking at Ellie I didn't notice the light change to green. Lucky for us, the mall downtown just opened up a TopShop. The clothes at TopShop tend to be on the edgy side, which is perfect when on the look out for a replacement leather jacket. It takes a while until a cute crop leather jacket with a belt buckle catches my eye. "Ellie! Try this on!" I say handing it to her. She takes it from my hands and inspects at the price tag.

"Have you seen the price? No way, Demi." she says trying to put it back on the rack.

"Stop whining and try it on, please... for me." I insist. She rolls her eyes and sighs before trying it on.

She tries to zipper it, but only gets half way, as the zipper will not clear her cleavage. "It's a little too small. Do they have a size up?" She asks, trying to unzipped the jacket.  I look on the rack, noticing a size up and taking it off the rack.

"Uh Dem, can you help me? I think the zipper is stuck." she says tugging on the zipper.

*Ellies POV*

"Sure, I can try." She says, putting the larger jacket back on the rack. She reaches up to grab the zipper with her hand and her fingers gently brushes against my cleavage, sending a shiver runs down my spine. I feel my cheeks get red. "I can't get it." she says struggling with the zipper. She rests the sides of her hands on my chest while trying to fix the zipper. I am sure she could feel my heart beating faster and faster. While she struggles to unzip the jacket, my eyes wander to her face. Her eyebrows are furrowed in frustration as she focuses on the task at hand. My eyes wander down, landing on her plump, glossy lips. "Ah, got it." she says unzipping the jacket, knocking me out of my thoughts. I take it off and Demi and I exchange jackets. I walk over to the mirror, the jacket zipping all the way up. Demi walks up behind me, putting both hands on my shoulders, lowering them down to the bottom of the jacket and slightly cupping my waist. She tilts her head to the side to see how the jacket looks on me in the mirror.  "Do you like it?" She ask me.

The butterflies return, filling my stomach. I cant help but let a smile creep upon my lips. "It's perfect. But I can't, Demi." I say.

"You can, and you will." she demands. I look back up in the mirror, rosy cheeks glistening in the mirror.
___________________________

The chapters were both kinda small so i combined them together. I might do this with a few of them.