Chapter 16

Written 2015
Revised March 2021

*Ellies POV*
"Hey baby." I say setting my bag on the kitchen table. Demi wanted to have dinner after my shift today. Truthfully, I don't think she wants to be alone. But I wouldn't ask her that. And I certainly don't mind keeping her company.

The realization that I am in a relationship with Demi Lovato has gradually decreased the last few days. Now when I see her or think about her, the feelings that erupt are more romantic than fan girlish. We have still yet to go public with our relationship, but I am in no rush. It must be nice for her love life to not be in the headlines for a change.

"Hey can you reach this for me?" She asks, standing on her tip toes, trying to reach her wine glasses on the top shelf of her bar.

"Demi, don't you think you should place things where you can reach them in your own house? You have enough cabinets." I tease.

"Shut up!" She says hitting my arm in a playful manner. I stand next to her, grabbing two wine glasses without needing to stand on my tip toes. I hand them to her with a playful smirk.

"Show off." She snickers. I stick out my tongue. "I have dinner ready for us." She says kissing my cheek.

"You cooked? Should I be scared?" I ask. The last time Demi tried to cook she started a small fire on the burner. The only thing in the pot was water.

"Ha-ha." She mocks sarcastically. "No I didn't. I bought take out." She says, popping the cork off the bottle of red wine.

I follow her to the dining room. The lights are dimmed just enough to make the atmosphere more romantic. There is a single rose in a vase in the middle of the table.

"Demi, this is so sweet." I say in awe.

"I hope you like Mexican food."

"I love it." I take a seat at the end of the table, opposite of Demi. I take a sip of the wine, letting the liquid sit in my mouth for a second before swallowing. The wine is sweet, with hints of apple. Not a wine I'd expect Demi to choose. Nonetheless, it taste delicious.

"So, I have a surprise for us tomorrow." I hint while cutting the enchiladas. I wrap the cheese pull around my fork before taking a bite. My eyes grow wide, savoring the flavor. I shove another bite in my mouth before finishing my first bite. Demi giggles at me from across the table.

"A surprise? What kind of surprise?" She asks.

I wipe sauce off my mouth."Do you not know the concept of a surprise?" I joke.

"Come on, just a little hint." She pleads, pouting her lip. I take another bite, ignoring her request. She pleads repeatedly for a hint.

"Pack enough clothes for a few days. Oh and include a bathing suit." Is all I reveal. She rolls her eyes, frustrated at the lack of information I'm willing to divulge.

*Demi's POV*
After dinner, Ellie and I agreed to watch one episode of Supergirl. She insists that I get a good night sleep for our getaway tomorrow. Where on earth could she be taking me? It must be a hotel getaway of some sort. What else would require a few days of clothes?

"So what time should I expect my chariot to arrive?" I ask wrapping my arms around Ellie's neck, locking my fingers together. I'm sitting on Ellie's lap on the couch, legs draped over the edge. Her hands are on my waist.

"Be ready by 1:00 PM m'lady." Ellie says, giving me a sweet kiss before pulling away. Unsatisfied and hungry for more, I slide my hands forward, cupping her cheeks, pulling her back in hungrily. Our lips begin to move perfectly in sync with each other. We break away for a second tilting our heads to the opposite side,  reattaching our lips. Somehow the kiss is still not enough. I want more. I open my mouth, sliding my tongue over her bottom lip, begging for entrance into her mouth. At first she refuses, biting my bottom lip, sucking on it before letting go with a pop. My fingers slide up to the back of her head, slightly tugging on her hair. She lets out a soft moan. Not sure if its from pain or pleasure. My breathing becomes heavy, feeding my desires. This is our most intimate kiss yet. My left hand slides down her neck, landing just above her cleavage when my phone begins to vibrate. I try to ignore it, focusing all my energy on Ellie.

Ellie detaches our lips, out of breath. "Maybe you should answer it." She suggests.

"You want me to stop?" I smirk, rubbing my fingers over her abdomen.

"It-it could be important." She suggests. I lean over Ellie's body, grabbing my phone off the side table.

"It's my sister. Mind if I take this?" I ask.

"No of course not." She replies with a smile. I give her a kiss on the lips before answering the phone, walking away for privacy.

"Hey, baby girl." I answer, still slightly out of breath.

"Demi, why are you out of breath?" Madison asks.

"My phone was in the other room." Is the first lie I can come up with.

"I haven't heard from you in a while. How are you?"

"I know, I'm sorry. I've been in the studio non stop." I explain.

"Did you finish recording?"

"I did." I answer confidently.

"So that means you can come home and visit?" Maddie asks. There are long periods at a time when I'm unable to visit my family Texas. Those times include when I'm on tour, recording or promoting new music. I wasn't able to make it home last month for my birthday as planned. My mom was sad, but my little sister was heartbroken.

"I'll see what I can do, baby." I reply.

"Okay, well that was all I wanted to ask." Maddie laughs.

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too, Dems."

I hang up the phone, returning to Ellie who is now laying down.

"Dallas?" She asks. I lift her legs up, sitting on the couch, placing her legs on my lap.

"No, Maddie. She misses me and asked if I could take a trip to Texas soon." I explain.

"That's sweet. Do you plan on going?"

"Eventually."

"I should get going. We have a big day tomorrow." Ellie says, sitting up.

"Do you have to?" I ask, pouting my lip.

"Don't worry, tomorrow will be here before you know it." She says, leaning over, passionately kissing me goodbye.

-next morning-

I spent hours packing after Ellie left for our secrete adventure today. I might have overpacked. However, I needed enough clothes to cover any occasion that might happen during the next few days. I packed multiple sundresses, shorts, jeans, shirts, shoes. You name it, I probably packed it. 

I'm zippering my luggage closed when the doorbell rings. I drag it off my bed, pulling the handle out. I wheel it down my hallway and down the stairs, letting it bounce on every stair tread. I take a deep breath, walking over to my front door, opening it. Ellie is standing there in a black tank top, high waisted shorts and a kimono. Her eyes are hiding behind her big rimmed sunglasses. 

She lowers her sunglasses once she notices my oversized luggage. "Babe, we're only going away for a few days." She laughs.

"I had to be prepared just in case." 

"Incase of what?" She asks. 

"Rain, wind, humidity, If we go somewhere formal or casual." I list. 

"Okay, okay." Ellie says, realizing my reasoning is accurate. Ellie takes my luggage from my hands. "I'll meet you in the car." She says. I make sure all my lights are turned off before locking my door, following Ellie to her car.