Chapter 1

Writen April 3rd, 2015. 

Edited / went under construction March 11th, 2021. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ellies POV*

I wake up to the sound of my phone vibrating against my nightstand. The sun is peaking through my curtains, ever so slightly. I extend my arm to grab my phone, not lifting my head off the soft pillow under me. I open one eye and read the name flashing on the screen; potential spam. Without answering my phone, I drop it back on the nightstand, pulling my silk sheets back over my head, trying to darken my space to slip back to sleep. 

I toss and turn for a while before groaning in frustration. I was up late last night binge watching Supergirl on Netflix. I didn't think a show like Supergirl would be something I'd like, but after the first few episodes I was hooked. One episode led to two, then three and the next thing I knew, I was half way through season 1. I pick my phone back up to check the time. 8:06 AM. I sit up frantically. Shit. I was supposed to start my new job at 8:00am today. Why did my alarm not go off? I check my alarm settings, realizing I set my alarm for 7:00 PM instead of 7:00 AM. 

I quickly get out of bed and walk straight to my closet, not bothering to open the curtains or make the bed. I throw on a pair of black skinny jeans, plain white V-neck shirt and my favorite leather jacket. I throw my hair into a messy bun and brush my teeth while tying my white converse at the same time. I manage to walk out of my apartment at 8:15 AM. 

Today is my first day at Richard's diner, a mom and pop diner that has been in downtown LA for almost 70 years. Not too many people know about it, but it is a common meet up place for locals. My parents used to take me there every Sunday for their stuffed strawberry and cream cheese French toast. I still get it from time to time. 

Richie's is about 10 blocks away from my apartment building. Instead of making my way to the parking garage, I set off on foot, knowing running the 10 blocks will be shorter than sitting in LA traffic on a Monday morning. 

I can feel the sweat dripping from my forehead as I approach the 9th block. I start to slow down to a walking pace when I see the big red and black sign. Richard's Diner. I stand in front of the Diner, with my eyes closed and my hand on the Diner's front doors, trying to get my breathing back to normal. Just when I'm about to open my eyes, the door opens, hitting me in the face. The person's drink spills onto my chest, seeping through my white shirt, burning my skin. 

"Oh my god! I am so sorry! I wasn't looking before I opened the door!" the person apologizes. I grab the hem of my shirt, pulling it away from my body to try and reduce the burning on my stomach.  As if being late to work wasn't enough. Damn right you weren't looking I mumble to myself. I look up and see someone I would never thought I'd see in person. Demi Lovato.

Like I said before, Richard's Diner was not well known. Locals tend to fill up the place more than anyone. But being a famous celebrity, maybe that's why Demi is here; privacy and normalcy. 

"Um, it's fine, I guess. I probably shouldn't have been standing there." I say. How can I argue with Demi freaking Lovato? I might as well take the blame. There's a slightly awkward silence before I speak up again. "Well I got to go. I'm already late for work." I say while walking around her and opening the Diner door. I feel a pull on my arm. 

"Wait-" I turn around and Demi is looking at me. "At least let me pay to have that jacket dry cleaned. It looks expensive, and it is my hazelnut cappuccino on your jacket." Demi offers, with a slight giggle.

"No I can't let you do that." I object. She is Demi Lovato for Christ sakes. I can't let her pay for my jacket to be cleaned, no matter how much money she has. 

"I'm not taking no for an answer." she demands.

"O-OK" I give in. 

"I'm on my way to the recording studio, otherwise I would get it dry cleaned now. How about I have my assistant swing by your place later on today and take the jacket to be dry cleaned? I can have her bring it back to you by tomorrow." Demi suggests. I nod my head not knowing what the hell to say. I mean its not every day you bump into Demi Lovato. I just stand there, forgetting that I am becoming later and later for my shift. "What is your address?" Demi asks, handing me her phone. I type in my address before handing her back her phone. "How does 2:00 PM sound?" Demi asks. 

"I'll be at work until 4:00 PM today, unless I get fired first." I say, trying to crack a joke. 

"I'll tell my assistant to arrive at 4:30 PM." Demi insists. 

"Okay, sure. Thanks, Demi." I say with a smile. 

"ah, so you do recognize me." Demi laughs. 

"How could someone not?" I snicker. 

"Well I have to go, again I am sorry for the coffee spill..." Demi trails off.

"...Ellie." I finish.

"Ellie..." Demi repeats. 

"It's no big deal, I need to cut down on caffeine anyways." I say making Demi laugh before watching her walk to the Tesla parked outside the Diner. 

I take a deep breath before opening the Diner doors. 

_________________________________________

Hey guys, so since there are a lot of chapters with mature content, Wattpad blocks you from reading them unless you are following me. Sorry for the inconvenience but in order to read every chapter you must be following me... sorry! Hope you enjoy this fanfic!

----------------------------

Update 3/12/21 - Hey all. Long time no see. I got a lot of people asking me to finish this fanfic but I could not finish it without seriously editing the shit out of it. 15 year old me was an okay writer, but I cringe at some of the stuff I wrote and how quick things escalated in my stories lol. So my goal is to edit all 70 chapter of this story by sometime in April and give you a weekly updated chapter! 

How will you know what chapters have been updated / edited? At the top of each chapter, I will write if it has been updated (see this chapter for example!)