Chapter 23

Written 2015
Revised March 2021

*Demi's POV*
"Good morning." I say, placing a soft kiss on Ellie's lips. She spent the night after our intimate encounter last night. We are still naked, bodies pressed against each other under the blanket. I move a few strands of hair out of her face. She snuggles closer into me, her boobs pressed against mine. We stay like that for a little longer before I sit up, grabbing my phone. I was hoping to hear from Marissa or Andrew by now. Not knowing if Isabella is okay is driving me crazy.

Ellie sits up, letting the blanket fall off of her. She kisses my bare shoulder. "Is everything okay?" She asks. I lock my phone, setting it on the bedside table.

"Everything is fine." I say, kissing her. She wrap her arms around my neck, pulling me closer. She lays down, bringing me down with her. She slides her tongue over my lips. I give her access, letting her tongue explore my mouth. She removes her hands from my neck, dragging them down my body. Her finger times slightly brush against my exposed nipples, making me jerk.

"Come meet my parents." I say without thinking.

"Seriously?" She asks, removing her hands from my boobs.

"Seriously. I was planning on visiting soon anyways. Why don't you come with?" I ask, caressing her cheek with my thumb.

"I can see if Marissa can cover my shifts. When would we go?" She asks, seriously considering the offer.

"Let's go this weekend." I suggest. It will be perfect. We've been together a month and my feelings for her have not gotten any less significant. Meeting my parents would be the perfect next step in our relationship.

"I guess I'll call Marissa now and see if she can cover my shifts." She says, removing her arms from my waist. I pull her back in, taking her bottom lip between mine, sucking on it before letting it go with a pop.

"How about you do that later?" I whisper seductively. She nods her head before crashing her lips on mine. She pulls me on top of her before throwing the blanket over our naked bodies.

*Ellies POV*
Demi caught me off guard this morning when she asked me to join her this weekend to visit her family in Texas. I try to not express my nervousness when Demi asked. Of course meeting your significant other's family is always going to be scary. However, these are Demi's parents. I sometimes forget she's famous. What if they don't like me? What if they prefer her to be in a heterosexual relationship? I'm not famous, nor rich. What can I offer their daughter that she cant find with someone more wealthy and less baggage.

"What if they don't accept us?" I ask Demi nervously. We are cuddled up on the couch watching Supergirl, like always.

"What do you mean?" She asks caressing my hair.

"I mean, what if they don't accept you being in a homosexual relationship." I ask curiously. My family was not not fond of me giving my child up for adoption. I hate to know what they'd think of me now.

"It's my relationship. I've stopped talking to people in my family for far less than that. If they can't handle it, they don't have to be apart of it."

"And me? What if they don't like me?"

"Why wouldn't they?" She asks caressing my hair.

"I'm not special. I work at a diner for Christ sakes." I explain disappointed. It's not my ideal job. I went to college for early education, graduating with honors. But after what I went through with giving up Isabella, my interest in the career path slowly faded. That's when I found myself working for minimum wage, anything to pay the bills.

"You're special to me. I like when you sing in the shower. I like when you shake your hips after you successfully flip an omelet in the air. I like your kisses, your hugs, your laugh, your smile." Demi continues to list all the things she likes about me. "But most importantly, I like you." She finishes, looking deep into my eyes. I crash my lips onto hers in a passionate kiss.

"If you want, I can introduce you as a friend first." Demi compromises. I'm silent for a while, contemplating the scenario in my head. "I'll think about it."