Chapter 31

Written 2015
Revised March 2021
A/N There are a few time jumps in this chapter. Not big ones, just time jumps that skip to the next day because writing and reading about every second of every day would get boring. Okay enjoy. Please let me know how you like the revisions so far. ALSO kind of a sad chapter. I just felt like it needed it. Don't hate me.

*Ellies POV*
"Babe, please don't make me do this. I'm gonna make a fool out of myself."

"Everyone has to do it. No excuses!" Demi says, trying to pull me out of my chair. I can feel the hotness on my cheeks from nervousness.

"Will you do it with me?" I ask, begging her to not make me get up on stage alone. Demi gives me a look, contemplating on what she should do. She gives in, agreeing to go onstage with me. Everyone at our table cheers us on. I am so getting Demi back tonight for this. The song we're about to sing blasts through the club speakers. It takes me a second to realize what song it is. Stay by Rihanna. "If you think I can sing this song you're crazy." I say, handing her the microphone. She pushing my hand away.

"Just do your best. I'll be right here with you." She says, bobbing her head to the instrumental. She moves closer to me, putting her hand on mine, bringing the microphone up to our lips, getting ready for the intro. The first words come on the screen, but I don't sing along, hearing only Demi's voice through the speakers. After letting Demi sing the first few limes by herself I reluctantly join her. Demi's voice begins to get softer and softer until it's just me singing. She thinks she's slick. The audience cheer me on, pushing me to finish the song. When I do, I run back to our table, burying my face in my hands. Another round of shots arrive at our table. I grab two, downing one shot of whisky after another. I slam the empty shot glasses on the table. I am never doing that again.

"You did great, Ellie." Dallas says encouragingly. I know she's just saying that because I'm dating her sister. Demi makes her way back to our table, sitting next to me. She wraps her arms around my neck, giving me a kiss on the lips.

"Get a room you two!" Dallas screams across the table. I break away from the kiss and open my eyes to see Demi giving Dallas the middle finger.

-The next day-

*Demi's POV*
"Bye, sweetheart." My mom says while embracing me in a hug before embracing Ellie in one. My mom was a little unsettled by the news that Wilmer and I didn't work out and that I was now dating a woman, but she eventually came around once she saw my happiness radiate every time I was with Ellie. No matter how old I am, my mom will always watch my back and protect me. And I think that's what she was doing. She was making sure I wasn't settling or rebounding from Wilmer.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot." Madison says, embracing me in a tight hug, nearly sweeping me off my feet. I hug her back with not nearly as much grip. "I'm going to miss you too, kiddo." I say knowing she hates being referred to as a kid.

"Will we see you for the holidays?" My mom asks Ellie as they release from their hug. Ellie looks at me, not knowing the answer.

"Absolutely, mom. She's family." I say, giving Ellie a wink that only she could see. She smiles, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

Dallas embraces Ellie in a hug next. She whispers something in a Ellie's ear that I can't quite make out. Whatever it is, it makes Ellie giggle.

"Alright, enough with all the hugging and loving or else we might never leave." I say picking up my luggage from the ground. Maddie gives me one last hug goodbye before Ellie and I intertwine our fingers and walk through the airport gate.

-Next morning-

*Ellie's POV*
Relieved. Carefree. Gratified. There was no single right answer to how I've been feeling since Ellie and I's plane touched down in Los Angeles. For the last week both leading up to our trip and during it did I feel nothing but trepidation and unease. Being unaccepted wasn't new to me. I was always an outcast in school. And as much as it sucked growing up with just enough friends to count on one hand, nothing would have broke my heart more if Demi's family didn't accept me. Demi reassured me before we departed Los Angeles that she wouldn't let their judgement, if they had any, get in the way of our relationship. She promised that she would choose me over them. As sweet as that gesture was, I don't think I could ever live with myself if Demi cut ties with her family for me. It's just not the type of person that I am.

I grab my phone off the nightstand, sitting up slightly, resting my back on my headboard. I have a lot of new followers, likes, comments and tags. I will definitely have to turn these notifications off. Ever since we went public with our relationship, a sudden wave of interest and curiosity has filled my life from fans and paparazzi. It will take a lot of getting used to. I don't know how Demi does it. I'm only getting a tenth of attention that she gets on a daily basis and even that much is hard to manage and not freak out about.

I scroll through my notifications on Twitter, not bothering to read most of them. That is until one catches my eye. '@/EllieWelch13, ur just using Demi for attention you slut.' I try to ignore it, but I notice there are retweet's and replies. Against my better judgement, I scroll down. 'Has she looked in the mirror? There's no way Demi likes her for her looks.' 'I heard she made up rumors of Wilmer to get him and Demi to break up.Total home wrecker.' 'Who even is she?' 'Lesbianism is a sin. May God never love you.' The tweets don't stop there. There has to be hundreds of hate tweets, all directed towards Demi and I's relationship, but mostly towards me. I feel tears run down my cheeks and a lump form in the back of my throat. The words I'm reading replay in my head. 'Freak, home wrecker, dyke, nobody, slut' over and over again, I can't get them to stop. I bring my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them, sitting in fetal position, letting the tears spill onto the comforter.

I can't help but think some of them are right. I am a nobody. A nobody that just happened to be lucky enough to bump into Demi Lovato. A nobody that was lucky enough to live in Los Angeles. A nobody lucky enough to get coffee spilt on them. That's all I am. A nobody with a whole lot of luck. I don't realize I am crying out loud until I feel the dip in the mattress shift, Demi turning over, facing me. She notices I'm crying and sits up.

"Baby, what's going on?" She asks concerned. I don't answer. Instead I wipe my nose on my sleeve and clear my throat from any tears that have built up. "Hey, talk to me, please." She says, moving closer to me, rubbing circles on my upper back. My phone continues to vibrate on the bed. Demi can feel the vibrations so she feels for my phone between the sheets. She finds it, unlocking my phone, hoping to find some answer as to why I'm distraught. "Oh, baby." She says softly, continuing to scroll through the thread of tweets. She locks my phone before putting it on the nightstand on top of hers. She puts her arm around my shoulders, pulling me in so I'm leaning into her chest, removing my arms around my legs. She continues to rub circles on my back. I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling tight, letting the tears flow and the cries echo the room. She doesn't say anything. She just holds me.

After being in Demi's embrace for a while, my breathing returns to normal, the tears on my cheeks now dried. I release my arms from around her waist. "Thank you, Demi." I say raspy. My throat is sore from the crying.

"I've been in this industry a while. There will always be people trying to bring you down. Those people are strangers. They are so jealous of the happy life you have that they want to ruin it. They don't want you to be happy because they are not happy. But you listen to me." She says pushing my chin up with her finger so I'm looking at her, "-do not let them dictate your life. Okay? You deserve happiness, you deserve love, you deserve life." She says, placing a soft kiss on my nose. I can't help but let a tear fall down my cheek again. This time not from pain or sadness, but from love and acceptance. Love and acceptance from Demi.

Without thinking clearly, I crash my lips onto Demi's, losing my fingers in her hair. She kisses back, moving her lips in sync with mine. I lick my lips, tasting the saltiness from my tears. I push her shoulders down, making her back hit the pillow top mattress. She lets out a soft moan, taken aback by my aggressiveness. I grab the hem of her shirt, removing it from her body in one swift move. I attach my lips to her neck, sucking, biting and licking. I want everyone to see these marks on her body and know that she is mine. That's right. She chose me. Demi's doorbell rings, but it doesn't stop me from biting and sucking down Demi's collarbone. My goal, to mark every inch of her up. Her doorbell rings again. Demi pushes me off of her, letting me get a glimpse of the mess I've just made to her body. I smirk. Take that, haters. Demi grabs her shirt that I just took off of her, putting it on before leaving to answer the front door.
__________________________
Who do you think is at the door?  Don't forget to comment and vote! I love you all!

I just want to say I know there can be some really fucked up people out there that benefit from bringing others down. Please don't let them bring you down. You are strong and worth so much! I'm always open to talk if anyone needs to!
Destiny IG @/lexa.kom.daddy