Chapter 21

Written 2015
Revised March 2021

*Demi's POV*
I had just gotten out of the tub when my doorbell rang. Not expecting anyone, I remove my towel, wrapping myself in my bathrobe. I tie it tight, ensuring I am fully covered. I check the peep hole before opening the door. Ellie? I open the door, just enough so the neighbor across the street can't see me in my robe.

"Hey, baby." I say stepping to the side to let her in. She removes her arm that is behind her back, revealing a bouquet of sunflowers. She hands them to me. "Awe, Ellie. They are beautiful." I say, accepting them. She walks in, giving me a kiss on the lips. Mhm. Cherry lipgloss. We haven't seen each other for a few days. Our contact the last few days has been limited to texting and calling. We've both been busy with work. "I've missed you." I say grabbing a vase from my hall closet, bringing both into the kitchen. Ellie follows me.

"I have too. And that's why we're going out tonight." She says, biting her lip.

I turn around to face her. "Oh are we?" I tease, raising an eyebrow. She nods her head.

"Where are we going?" I ask while filling the vase with water. I cut the stems so they fit perfectly in the vase.

"I figured since our one month anniversary is this week we would go back to the Antique Table." She suggests, leaning on the island. She has the first few buttons of her shirt undone, giving me a direct view of her cleavage. Are you sure that's what you want, Ellie? You could have fooled me.

I agree to dinner at the Antique Table. Just so long as Tyler is not our waiter again. I settle on a tight navy blue dress and navy blue pumps. When we arrive, we are surprised to find the parking lot full for a weekday night. Ellie apologizes. Dinner was a spur of the moment idea so she didn't think to book a reservation. I give her a kiss on the cheek to calm her down. We are brought to our table immediately. The atmosphere in the main room is much different than the back room. Out here, the overhead lights are brighter, conversations are being overheard from every corner. Ellie takes a look at the dinner menu, debating on trying something new this time.

*Ellie's POV*
I'm looking over the menu when our waitress walks over. I put the menu down to find her staring at Demi. At first I'm jealous. No one looks at Demi with such hunger and desire except for me. I take a deep breath. Maybe she's a fan and she's looking at Demi with... admiration? I feel a slight tap on my calf, knocking me out of my thoughts. I look at Demi.

"What would you like to drink?" She asks, looking at me.

"Just a glass of your house red." I answer. "Make that two, please." Demi says, handing her the drink menu. She disappears into the kitchen, leaving us alone. I look back over the menu, stuck between the eggplant Parmesan and the manicotti. Our waitress returns with our glasses of wine and a basket of bread and oil. She hands Demi her glass, lightly brushing Demi's fingers with her own. Demi gives her an awkward smile before thanking her.

My leg is bouncing up and down, shaking the white table cloth. My eyebrows are furrowed, my lips are pressed tight. This is not the time nor the place to make a scene.

"Babe," Demi says trying to get my attention. I glance up at her. "Are you okay?" She asks, taking a sip of her wine. I pick my glass up, taking two big gulps.

"I'm fine watching our waitress flirt with you." I admit. Shit.

Demi smirk. "Ah, not so fun is it?"

"Well she's staring at you like you're a piece of meat. Can you blame me for getting jealous?"

"I am pretty tasty." She winks. I choke on my sip of wine, spilling a few drops of wine on my shirt. Demi reaches over, using her napkin to try and blot the stain out, dangerously close to my nipple. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. This is not the time, Ellie. Our waitress returns, ready to take our order. Demi leans back in her chair, Flustered, I let Demi order first. She orders the chicken parmesan. I settle on the eggplant parmesan. I take Demi's menu, handing both of them to the waitress.

Because of how busy the restaurant is tonight, it took longer than normal for our food to arrive. Our waitress sets our plates down before offering us freshly grated cheese. I've been rubbing my foot against Demi's leg on and off since we ordered our food. Demi asks for some cheese. The waitress is hovering over her, sprinkling cheese over Demi's entree. I slowly move my foot up Demi's leg, landing just below her crotch. She looks at me, warning me to stop. I smirk. She really shouldn't have worn such a short dress tonight. I let my foot brush up against her underwear. She squirms in her seat, pressing her thighs together.

"Is that enough?" The waitress asks.

"Mhm, that's fine." She says flustered. I can't help but smirk.

"What about you?" She asks.

"No thanks I'm good." I say polite.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She asks, just above a whisper so no one else can hear.

"Enjoying my dinner." I say while taking a bite of the eggplant.

"Is that how you want to play?" Demi asks, raising an eyebrow. I swallow my bite of food.

"I don't play games, Demi." I say, taking another bite of my food. It's all part of my plan. And so far, it's working.