Chapter 44

Written 2015
Revised April 2021
A/N Please don't hate me but what story doesn't have a little bit of drama?

*Ellie's POV*
*One month later*
I haven't been the same since Boston. I'm not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing. I've been quite distant from Demi, even though she's leaving for tour in just a few short days. We should be spending the time catching up on Supergirl, cuddling, and having lots and lots of sex. I won't be able to fly out and see Demi until spring break which is three weeks away.

Instead of engulfing myself in Demi, I've been spending most of my time in my classroom. Walking into my classroom the first two weeks was like walking into hell. The room had no stimulation whatsoever. I bet hell had more stimulation than classroom 213. I made it my mission to transform the entire classroom from drab to fab. Art supplies, books, toys, posters, stickers, and even a prize box. I might have gotten a little carried away, but at least I can repurpose most of the stuff next year.

It's not entirely my fault for not spending much time with Demi before she heads off on tour. She's been busy herself. She's been meeting with her team, getting fitted for outfits, rehearsing and promoting the tour. We haven't seen much of each other the last two weeks, aside from a quick lunch last week and a movie night that was cut short when Demi had to get costume fitted for a dress they forgot to measure her for. I can't be mad, though. It's what I signed up for.

"You're here late again." Andrea's voice echos through the classroom. I turn around, meeting her eyes with mine.

I look out the window and notice the sun is starting to set. I got tunnel vision while hanging up posters I made. I get down from the metal student chair I'm standing on. I take a step back and notice the poster is crooked. I sigh, rubbing my temples with my fingers. I circle my arms and massage my shoulder. Hanging posters with your arms over your head is more of a workout than most gym machines.

Andrea walks over to me, taking the roll of tape off the desk and handing it to me. She holds the backrest as she stands on the chair, her stilettos hitting the metal seat, vibrating throughout the room. Her four inch heels paired with her 2 inch height difference made fixing the poster easy for her. She pressed her legs together as the base of the chair seat was not wide enough. If she stood with her legs open but a bit, the sides of her feet would be dangling. I try my best to look away as she's fixing the poster. Like almost any other day, she's wearing a black pencil skirt, making me think that's all she owns. The skirt molds perfectly to her tan legs and as she raises her arm to smooth out the top of the poster, the skirt rises up her bare thighs.

I swallow the lump in the back of my throat. I can not be looking at Andrea like this. She's my boss and my girlfriend's friend. This is wrong on so many levels. Plus, I love Demi.

"Ellie." Andrea knocks me out of my gaze. I shake my head, clearing my head of unwanted thoughts. "I asked you for a piece of tape twice." She says, holding her hand out as she is leaning against the poster with her forearm. I cut a piece of tape off, handing it to her. Her fingers brush against mine as she takes the tape between her fingers. She gets off the chair and stands next to me, observing the poster. "There, much better." She says, proud of herself.

"T-thanks." I say, twirling the tape between my fingers. I look at my desk. I still have 3 more posters to hang up, but I don't have the motivation to do so. I walk over to my desk, gathering the posters, neatly stacking them on top of each other. Andrea follows, standing in front of my desk.

"What are you doing tomorrow after work?" She asks, neatly organizing the paper clips and sticky notes on my desk.

"Most likely putting this pile of posters up and organizing the books and toys." I say, putting my water bottle in my bag.