Chapter 7 & 8

Written 2015
Revised March 2021

*Demi's POV*
Not owning a leather jacket myself, I bought one for myself as well. As delicious and filling as Ellie's breakfast was, I can never come to the mall and not get cinnamon and sugar soft pretzel bites. When I suggest we stop at the pretzel stand, Ellie informs me she has never had cinnamon and sugar soft pretzel bites.

"They have never sounded appealing to me." Ellie confesses, shrugging her shoulders. Determined to change her mind, I grab Ellie's hand and march towards the mall stairs, in search of the pretzel stand. Ellie adjusts her hand, interlocking her fingers with mine.

On our quest to the pretzel stand, a group of girls recognize me, even with sunglasses on. They are kind enough to not freak out and draw attention to us, respecting our privacy. They approach us and ask if they could have a photo taken with me, which I gladly accept. Ellie offers to take the photo for the girls. Ellie untangles her fingers from mine, taking ahold of one of the girl's phones. She takes a few photos before handing the phone back to the girl.

"Are you guys dating?" She asks, taking her phone and putting it in her back pocket. Her friend backhands her shoulder, embarrassed that she asked me such a personal question. I look at Ellie and she's looking down, lips pressed together to suppress a smile.

"That's a personal question, but if you must know, we're just friends." I answer with an awkward laugh. We part ways with my fans and make our way to the pretzel stand.
***
"What do you have to say now that you have had your first cinnamon and sugar soft pretzel?" I ask Ellie, giggling. She is leaning against the wall next to the pretzel stand, stuffing her face with more pretzels than should fit in a human mouth.

"I can finally die a happy life." She says before licking icing off her thumb and index finger. I cant help but fall into a fit of laughter, watching Ellie practically make love to the pretzels. I catch myself staring at her again, just like I did in the car. This time instead of focusing on her facial features, I'm studying her body. She has a slim, hourglass figure. Her newly bought leather jacket rests gently above her hips, Her shirt has risen a bit, exposing her pierced navel. Suddenly, I am pulled out of my thoughts when my phone rings. I look at the caller ID. A photo of Wilmers and I flash upon the screen. I click ignore before putting my phone in my back pocket.

*Ellies POV*
"Who was that?" I ask Demi in between bites of heaven.

"Nobody." she replies, flashing me a forced smile. I stop chewing tilt my head to the side, looking her in the eyes. She senses I won't accept that answer. "It was Wilmer." she replies softly, breaking eye contact. My blood begins to boil, remembering what happened last night. He hurt her. In ways no one should ever be hurt. Her phone rings again and without hesitation, I reach into Demi's back pocket and pull out her phone, answering it.

"Listing here you piece of dog shit. Stop calling Demi. You hurt her enough. Just forget she ever existed. She needs happiness in her life and you are the last thing that will bring happiness to her life. So delete her number and move on." I spit into Demi's phone, hanging up without giving Wilmer a chance to respond.

I return Demi's phone to her back pocket, without realizing I just touched her ass twice. I let out a big breath, trying to process what just happened. Demi giggles and kisses me on the cheek. "Thank you." She says, giving me a small embrace

***

*Demi's POV*
It's been a little over a week since I first met Ellie. We have more in common than we though. We love a lot of the same food, music, and TV shows. Every time I feel my phone vibrate I anticipate it's her calling or texting. Part of me feels like I might be developing a crush on her. But the other part of me feels like we just have so much in common, it's nice to be understood for once. We have started to open up to each other. One thing neither of us have openly talked about is our past relationships, Wilmer being the only exception after what went down last week. I am intrigued to know the type of person she is in a relationship, and the types of people she has dated in the past. Men? Women? Does she like them older or younger? Does she have a type? I need to know.

*Ellie's POV*
Demi invited Marissa and I over to her place for a movie marathon to celebrate her last day in the recording studio and the completion of her newest album. Unfortunately, Marissa had plans that could not cancel. I suggested Demi plan something with her other friends, but she said she rather spend the night with me. We agreed upon the Hunger Game series. Demi and I have become pretty close since we first met last week. We try to text as often as we can when I'm not at work and she's not busy living her life.  There was one rare occasion in which her, Marissa and I were all available at the same time and hung out. I can't help but notice how my body changes when I'm around her. My palms get sweaty, my heart races, my left leg bounces and I wear a smile that never seems to go away.  Am I still having fan girl emotional after one week, or are these feelings different? Are these feelings... romantic? I try to shake the thought away.

"How's this?" I ask my friend Hayley, holding up a floral sun dress. The last time I wore this dress was to a rooftop bar, and boy did it make some head turn. However, the dress covers up my best asset... my cleavage.

"Oh my, is Ellie trying to impress this movie marathon companion?" Hayley asks shocked. I try to avoid the question, but the pink rising to my cheeks gives me away. "Who is it?" she asks hitting my arm annoyingly.

"Just this girl." I say. I can't tell her that I am on my way to Demi Lovato's house for a movie night.

"Ellie! Spill!"

"I can't tell you yet. I want to respect her privacy. And plus, I don't think I have a chance with her." I admit.

"Not with that attitude you don't! Here, Wear this" she holds up a red and black plaid shirt and my tightest, most revealing ripped black jeans. "Leave the first few buttons undone. Oh and don't wear a shirt under it." she says winking.