Chapter 33

Written 2015
Revised March 2021
A/N Hi lovelies! I hope you are all enjoying this story! This chapter use to be chapter 35 instead of chapter 33. The reason I switched it is because what happens in chapter 33 and 34 I want to happen later around chapter 40 or so. So the timeline is changing if you read it before. It just will flow better! Enjoy!
Also, I'll try and add photos when I can to help set the scene a bit or add to the story. This photo is a photo of mine I took at my childhood ice cream place. It goes along with the story.

*Demi's POV*
'I don't know much. But I can fill you in on everything Andrew told me.' And that is exactly what I did. Wrapped up in each other's arms, laying in my bed. I started from the beginning, not leaving a single detail out. I began with when I decided to search for her and finished with the Manila envelope. I even explained the legality of trying to adopt her. She tried to not show much emotion, but after knowing her for just a short amount of time, I can pick out facial expressions and gestures she does when she's feeling a certain way. For example, when I told her there was a slim chance of being able to regain custody, she bit the insides of her cheeks to stop herself from smiling.

By the time we finish talking, the sun is just beginning to set, lighting up the sky a beautiful reddish purple. She looks out the window, taking in the view. I look at her, taking in the even better view. I caress her silky hair. "How about we go watch the sunset?" I ask her, gently kissing her temple. She turns her head, locking eyes with me. Her eyes are no longer red from crying. The sunset is hitting her eyes just perfectly, the blue of her eyes begin to sparkle.

"Can we get ice cream at Dairy Maid?" She asks. Now that she mentions it, we haven't eaten all day. Ice cream might not be the best thing to eat as a first meal, but I'm not going to complain. She's had a hard day since she woke up this morning.

Ellie gets out of bed, rummaging through her luggage in the hopes of finding something cool enough to wear to the beach at sunset. She settles on a pair of black leggings and an off the shoulder grey sweater. I settle on a pair of black leggings and a red and black flannel.

When we arrive at the ice cream shop, there is a short line of customers. As we walk up to the end of the line, two fans ask for a photo. Ellie extends her hand, offering to take the photo for them.

"We want you in the photo, too." One of the girls says with a smile. Ellie is taken aback by the fan's gesture, but gladly accepts. I smile knowing how that must have made Ellie feel. The fans stand in between Ellie and I, pressing the camera button twice. They thank us before leaving, respecting our privacy.

I wrap my arm around Ellie's arm. "Did you see that? They wanted a photo with you, too." I say, reassuring her that not everyone is like the insensitive assholes from this morning. She leans her head on my shoulder, this time, exposing all of her feelings instead of holding them in.

The line moves fairly quickly. Before we know it, we're next. Ellie orders a Fruity Pebbles flurry with vanilla soft serve. I decide to steer away from my usual peanut butter chocolate ice cream and instead order the same thing Ellie gets. I've never tried it, but with a combination of Fruity Pebbles and vanilla ice cream, nothing can go wrong. We take our ice cream and cross the street, scouting for a perfect place to sit. We brought an oversized blanket, that way we're not uncomfortable with sand in places it doesn't belong.

We find a spot not too far from where we're parked. It's quiet and empty, aside from the few seagulls scavenging for food. Ellie holds my ice cream as I open the blanket, laying it over the sand. She hands me my ice cream, taking a seat next to me. She rests her head on my shoulder, which seems to be her new favorite spot to be. I take a spoonful of the ice cream, my tastebuds exploding with sweetness. The smooth vanilla ice cream pairs with the Fruity Pebbles perfectly. This might be my new favorite. I take another bite, closing my eyes, savoring the flavor.

"Are you okay over there?" Ellie asks, laughing. I smile, pink rising to my cheeks in embarrassment.

I take a few deep breaths, this time savoring this moment with Ellie. In such a short amount of time, I've had more fun with her than I've had with Wilmer. With Wilmer everything felt forced, like we were trying way too hard to make our relationship last knowing damn well it wasn't going to work out. I guess we liked being each other's security blanket, someone to come home to after a long day of work, someone to fuck when our hormones are at a high. That's not the case with Ellie. Not one bit. Each day with her seems like an adventure. We are both impulsive. Take this moment right here for an example. We just got in our cars and drove.

Just like vomit, the words spill out of my mouth faster than I can stop them. "I love you."

Ellie becomes still, moving only to remove the spoon from her mouth. Her eyes look up from her ice cream, locking onto mine. She swallows her mouthful of ice cream. "Y-you love me?" She asks, wondering if she heard me clearly.

I take a few seconds to process what I said, unlike I managed to just a few moments ago. "Yes," I say putting my cup of ice cream on the blanket, not worried if it spills or not. "I love you, Ellie." I repeat, this time with confidence. Her lips curl into a smile, her cheeks turning red. "I love you too, Demi." She says, wrapping her arms around my neck, pulling me in for a passionate and long kiss. My arms wrap around her waist, hugging her tight. We break away from our embrace when we hear a group of people calling our names, walking towards us. Paparazzi. They always know how to ruin a good time. Ellie and I stand up, shaking the blanket to remove as much sand from the bottom. I knock over my ice cream in the process, but it's the least of my worries. I grab Ellie's hand, holding the blanket in the other as we exit the beach, speed walking towards my car.
————————————————
March 2021 A/N: What did you guys think? Did you like this chapter? I'm so happy they finally said I love you!