Chapter 62 *Sexual*

A/N

It's been about ten chapters since we got some sexy time... I think you guys deserve it! As always, thanks for reading! As always, read at your own risk.

*Ellie's POV*

The following week, Hayley and Gracie met me at the bridal boutique downtown. Unfortunately, the dress I fell in love with on their website was more than triple my budget, and that was after increasing my budget an extra few hundred dollars.

I convinced myself it wouldn't have looked good on me anyway to lessen my sadness. The dress is fit for women with curvier figures than I have. 

After an hour in the dressing room, trying on dress after dress, I settled on a simple, yet elegant white dress with a V-neckline and lace-trimmed slit up the leg. It was form-fitting, but not inappropriately too tight.

We left the boutique feeling accomplished. We met Demi at the grille across the street for dinner, safely storing the wedding dress in Gracie's trunk; out of sight from Demi's sneaky eyes.

Before Gracie and I meet up with Hayley and Demi, I grab her arm, stopping her from entering the restaurant. She moves out of the way of a couple exiting, my hand still lingering around her wrist.

I never mentioned to Gracie that our mother visited me a few weeks ago. Nervous about how she might react, I kept the information to myself. However, with her being in my bridal party and our mom being a guest, she should know.

"There's something I need to talk to you about regarding mom," I say. She lets go of the door handle, letting the door slowly close. I take a seat on the bench next to the door, leaving more than enough space for her to join me. She does.

"After going back and forth I ended up sending mom a save the date invitation. Truthfully, I didn't think she'd respond. Well, she showed up at my work. We talked, and she apologized." I pause, giving my sister time to take in the news.

"Just like that? She waltzes back into your life and you're going to let her?" she asks.

I sigh. "I don't know but I know I'm sick of fighting with her." Gracie is quiet. "She asked about you."

"What did you say?"

"I told her you and I are in touch. It wasn't my place to say anything more."

Gracie looks over her shoulder, watching a group of elderly women exits the restaurant. "Come on, they must wonder where we are."

***

"A little higher on the left," Demi instructs.

I push the canvas up on the wall slightly to level it.

"Right there!"

I stop adjusting the canvas, sliding my pencil out from behind my ear to make a small mark on the wall. I drill two screws into the wall, hanging the canvas onto it. Taking a step back, Demi's hand rests on the small of my back as we gaze around the room.

Last week, Demi and I receive a call from Jill. She informed us our background check was complete, and they officially began the adoption paperwork. If all goes well, Isabella could live with us in as little as two months.

With Isabella's adoption underway, it's only necessary we get ready for her arrival. I still have a few weeks left before school vacation begins, making my free time to plan for our wedding and get ready for Isabella extremely limited.

We made the guest room at the top of the stairs into Isabella's room. It's slightly smaller than the other guest room, the perfect size for a young girl. Keeping the walls the same neutral gray they were before, we settled on simple colors and decor. Both to keep the minimalistic flow throughout the house and so Isabella has a blank canvas to make the room her own.