Chapter 43

Written 2015
Revised April 2021
A/N Ahhhh, they are finally going to meet Isabella in this chapter! What do you want to happen?

*Demi's POV*
*End of the week*
After months of back and forth on how close is to close, Ellie decided on finally reconnecting with Isabella. It's not something that parents who gave up their child normally do, but it's not unheard of. Ellie and I did some research and found articles on two different mothers and one father in a similar situation as Ellie who fought for custody of their child in the west coast alone. We didn't find any information if they were successful, but the article alone gave Ellie a sense of hope that she didn't have before.

We don't plan on adopting Isabella, but at the moment, we have no plan at all. We're going to Massachusetts, and whatever happens, happens.

Max booked the three of us plane tickets. Typically, I don't like having a body guard follow me around, which is proven by the countless dates Ellie and I have had that were just the two of us. However, Max insisted he join us on our trip to Massachusetts. We told him we were going for charity and to promote my album on kiss 108 radio station. We didn't tell him our relationship to the group home, nor did he ask. His sole goal was to ensure Ellie and I's safety during the trip.

It was an agonizingly slow four days as Ellie waited for Friday to finally arrive. When it did, she couldn't contain her emotions. All of her emotions. Fear, excitement, nervousness. She expressed them all.

Ellie fumbles with the key card as she tries to unlock our hotel room. I take it from her, unlocking the door with one swipe before turning the door knob and opening the door. She immediately lifts her suitcase onto the king size bed and puts her clothes on hangers.

"We're leaving Sunday. You don't have to put you clothes away." I say, shutting the door behind me.

"I don't want them to be wrinkled for tomorrow." She says, smoothing the creases with her hands. She's cute when she's nervous. I let her do her thing, sitting my luggage at the end of the bed before grabbing the room service menu. It's almost nine o'clock at night and I rather not go out. I have to be at the kiss 108 studio at eight in the morning.

"How does buffalo wings and onion rings sound?" I ask, glancing over at Ellie. She's neatly placing her toiletries on the marble counter. "And a strawberry milkshake?" I say knowing she can't refuse anything that has ice cream in it.

She takes her jeans off before accompanying me in the bed. She glances over at the menu. "How about teriyaki wings?" She asks. I scrunch my nose up. I hate teriyaki. "How about we get both?" I suggest. She nods her head in agreement.

***

"Alright listeners, we have Demi Lovato on air with us, here to talk with us. At the end, we will be giving away backstage passes to her upcoming show to lucky caller 10." Matty says into his mic. Matty turns to me. "Demi, thanks for coming and hanging with us today." He says, clicking his pen.

"Thanks for having me, I always like coming to Boston." I say.

"Boston has the greatest fans, how can you not like coming here." He jokes.

"That's true, Boston fans go hard." I say agreeing with him.

"So you're going on tour, how excited are you?" He asks.

I smile, nodding my head up and down as if the listeners can see me. "Yeah, totally. I'm so pumped. It's been over a year since I've been on the road so I cant wait to get back out there and play some new music for you guys."

"Your openers are Fifth Harmony and Little Mix. How close are you with them?" He asks, reading off his paper.

"Well I've been apart of Fifth Harmony's entire journey, from solo musicians to girl group. I helped put them together so it will be good to spend a few months with them and really get to know them on a more friendship level than a professional and coaching level." I say. I look up at Ellie who is on the other side of the glass, watching the interview. She gives me a thumbs up.