Zuko (Lee) x Male reader

!Modern AU! Hope you enjoy

(Y/N) POV

I walked into the big tea shop and looked around. The place seemed home-y, and made me relax. I walk up to the counter and an old cheery man in a green apron greets me .

"Hello! What can I get you?" he asks. "Uhm, can I please have some chai tea and (favorite pastry)?" I say looking at the menu. "Of course we have a seat, we'll be right with you," He says with a huge contagious grin.

I sat at an empty table and pulled out my notebook and my laptop so I could transfer my notes to my computer. I started typing when my (favorite pastry) was set down on the table.

"Ah, Thanky-Lee?!" I ask and look at the server with recognition. The boy was definitely Lee, his hair was its usual short mess and how could anyone not recognise the scar on his face?

Lee looks at me not showing much emotion.

"Hey Lee! It's been a while! Remember me?" I ask him squints before recognition flashes on his face followed by a tiny blush. "Y-yeah I remember you. (Y/N), T-the cute guy i did my project with." He says in his gruff voice.

We both realized what he said, My face broke out into a blush and he did too. "I-I didnt mean to say t-that out loud!" He says covering his face. "I-its ok!" I say and cover my hot cheeks.

"I-I'm gonna go back to work," he said and rushed off.

I watched him walk away and couldn't help the oncoming smile on my face.

He remembers me...and he said I was cute. At that reminder my cheeks heat up once again and I bury my face into my arms.

٩꒰๑ '∇'๑꒱۶ ·˚*୨୧꒰∗ɞ̴̶̷ु ·̮ ूɞ̴̶̷∗꒱୨୧*˚·

I stretch my arms over my head and yawn. Man that was boring!

It's been a few hours since that incident with Lee and I just realized I never got my tea.

I look at my laptop debating on whether to stay and to wait for it or just forget about it but my thoughts were soon interrupted by the cherry old man. "Hello!" he says

"Hi!" I slightly wave

"It seems my nephew forgot to bring you your drink" He says and places it down. I quickly glance at Lee and see he is serving other customers. I look back to Lees uncle "It's fine-" I start

"No no, it's on the house! My nephew even wrote you a note!" Lee's uncle says and hands me my drink and a note. I blush and watch Lee retreat to the kitchen, "Tell him I said thanks." I say and quickly gather my stuff and rush out of the quaint tea shop.

٩꒰๑ '∇'๑꒱۶ ·˚*୨୧꒰∗ɞ̴̶̷ु ·̮ ूɞ̴̶̷∗꒱୨୧*˚·

I sit at my desk and look at the folded note Lee gave me. I don't know why I'm being such a pussy about opening it.

I pick it up and unfold it....

You are cute and I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date

Text me xxx-xxx-xxxx

-Lee❤︎

I cover my face out of embarrassment once again.

"He signed it with a heart!" I say to myself, even the thought made my heart flutter and my stomach fill with butterflies.
I take a deep breath and pick up my phone

                                                                 Lee❤︎⁄⁄꒰* ॢꈍ◡ꈍ ॢ꒱.*˚‧

 (Y/N)

 Hiii it's (Y/N) and ofc I'd wanna go 

on a date with you!

Lee❤︎⁄⁄꒰* ॢꈍ◡ꈍ ॢ꒱.*˚‧

Good! Meet me at the tea shop tomorrow

after school

(Y/N)
  Ok!(⌒▽⌒)ゞ

⁄⁄꒰* ॢꈍ◡ꈍ ॢ꒱.*˚‧·˚*୨୧꒰∗ɞ̴̶̷ु ·̮ ूɞ̴̶̷∗꒱୨୧*˚·

I nervously play with my sleeves as I wait for Lee outside the tea shop. I didn't know where we were going so I chose a cropped shirt with baggy beige cargo pants, a zip up jacket and some random shoes.

Maybe it's not fancy enough. Maybe a bit too relaxed? Maybe I can go change really quickly.

I turned around and right as I was about to walk I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turn around and am faced with Lee dressed in a simple baggy t-shirt and jeans. It's simple and hot. I blush at the thought I just had.

"You weren't planning on leaving?" He asked with a raised eyebrow

"No no no! I swear I wasn't trying to leave! I just thought i was a little underdressed so i was gonna...but now i see...you didnt dress fancy..." I chuckle nervously.

He lets out a huff of laughter "You look perfect." he reassures.

I feel my face heat up "Y-You too" I say awkwardly.

He gives me a lopsided smile.

He took my hand and intertwined our fingers, "Shall we go?" I nod and we begin our walk to our date.

":♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

On our date we went to a restaurant and talked about family, previous jobs, and how Lee claimed could juggle (which failed miserably). 

Now we're walking down to the pier.
"And then the stupid turttle duck bit me!" Lee exclaimed.

I giggle and cover my mouth, "Hey stop laughing!" he said with a smile.

"I can't" I snort and grab my stomach, I finally calm down and notice that we made it to the end of the pier.

The sun was setting and the wind was blowing. I took a deep breath and leaned on the railing "The ocean is so beautiful." I sigh

"Not as much as you..." Lee says. I turn to him and see him smiling fondly at me.

I slowly start to smile, "You are such a goof! That line was so cheesy." I giggle and push his chest. He grabs my hand that was still on his chest and pulls me closer.

I lightly gasp as he leans in and kisses me.

I close my eyes and kiss back.

The kiss was full of love and passion, it made my heart flutter.

We break apart, "(Y/N)...will you be my boyfriend?" Lee asks and leans his forehead on mine.
I chuckle "I thought the kiss was an answer."

He chuckles too, "I think I might need you to answer again."

":♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

Hope you enjoyed ;)