Sokka

AU where instead of fire nation trying to take over it's the water tribe. And Sokka and Katara are tasked with finding the Avatar. + Heather AU

A/N: Someone on instagram came up with the Sokka and Katara AU, I can't remember who but credit to them. Also slight Angst

(Y/N) Pov

Sokka and I walked around the town, it was lightly snowing and he and I didn't wanna be alone tonight.

"And that's how I got this scar on my elbow!" he says and points to the scar.

I giggle and he chuckles with me, we continue our walk in a comfortable silence.

I shivered as the snow started to fall a little harder. "G-gosh it's g-getting cold." I shiver and hold my arms to gain more warmth. Sokka sighs, "(Y/N) you need to wear more layers! We're in the north pole for gosh sake." He says and starts to take off his cape.

"Sokka! You don't have to-" I start, "Shut up." he says and pulls his large cape over my shoulders.

I blush at our closeness, he was trying to fasten the cape on. I could feel his breath on my lips and I could see his, focused blue eyes. They soon darted up to mine as I heard the click of the clasp, and I froze.

He stood straight up but still maintained closeness, "Are you warm?" he asks I can hear that his voice lowered a bit and became a bit of a whisper. I can feel my face heat up as his eyes quickly went from my eyes to my lips, then back again.

"Yes..." I say in almost a whisper. I start to close my eyes but dart them back open as Sokka pulls away. "Good, it looks better on you anyways." he chuckles. I feel heat envelop my face and I quickly turn away so he can't see my embarrassment. "Yeah.." I say as we continue our walk.

٩꒰๑ '∇'๑꒱۶ ·˚*୨୧꒰∗ɞ̴̶̷ु ·̮ ूɞ̴̶̷∗꒱୨୧*˚·

A few days later I walked into the castle to tell Katara, who was the only one I confided in about my crush, about last night. She's known I had a crush on Sokka since we were kids. So she's been trying to help me build up my confidence.

I barely make it through the door before I spot a large crowd of people around princess Yue.

"Omg Yue!"

"You're so lucky!"

"It's so romantic!"

What are they talking about?

I look over the girls and see Yue wrapped in Sokka's cape and her hands on a betrothal necklace. What....?

"Tell us how it happened!" one of the girls yells.

"Well we went on a walk, because it seemed like he had something on his mind. It started snowing and he gave me his cape and said it looked better on me."

My stomach drops and I a feeling of sadness and deja vu washed over me.

"Then he took me to one of the taller bridges and kissed me." She continues and the girls squeal, I grab my stomach, feel like throwing up....he kissed her?

"That's not even the best part! He got on one knee and proposed!" she says and shows off her necklace.

A string of congratulations was heard from the girls. I let out a silent sob and started to back away. He played me, I was a test run for the real thing.

Next thing I know Sokka strides in and stands next to Yue, all the girls squeal and he has a triumphant smile on his face. He soon makes eye contact with me and his expression changed to confliction. I tried my hardest to stand up tall and act like he didn't affect me, but deep down my heart was shattered.

He still looked conflicted but soon erased his expression and changed it to one that was in love, he looked at Yue and kissed her.

My heart couldn't take this much longer and I ran.

٩꒰๑ '∇'๑꒱۶ ·˚*୨୧꒰∗ɞ̴̶̷ु ·̮ ूɞ̴̶̷∗꒱୨୧*˚·

It was a few week's later and the king told me to go on a voyage to hunt the Avatar. I was walking with Katarta to the ship.

"Are you really not going to talk to him?" Katara asks, she was trying to convince me for the past few weeks to talk to Sokka to get the situation sorted out, but she's been especially pushing me the week leading up to this voyage.

I shake my head, "Katara, he used me. I was just his test dummy. Plus why are you trying to get me to talk to him?" I ask as we reach the dock. "Well..." she says as we start to board the ship.

I look around and spot someone who I didn't plan on looking at or talking to for the rest of my life.

Sokka.

"Because he's the captain of the mission." she sighs.

Great, now I have to spend months on a cramped ship with the guy I hate the most.....

٩꒰๑ '∇'๑꒱۶ ·˚*୨୧꒰∗ɞ̴̶̷ु ·̮ ूɞ̴̶̷∗꒱୨୧*˚·

Short but I like it.