Chapter 34

Camilas POV

"Good morning girls." Michael smiled at us as he took a seat across from Lauren and I.

"Morning daddy." Lauren smiled at him.

"Morning da..... I mean Michael." I corrected myself. He smiled at me as I blushed. That is the fourth time this week that I have nearly called him that word.

"So anyways, who cooked this breakfast? It's quite delicious." He said once he started to eat.

"Camila and I cooked it. We're learning how to cook blueberry pancakes next and also sunnyside eggs." Lauren smiled at me.

"That's wonderful sweetheart." He said just as Clara took a seat beside him.

"Good morning you two. Umm Camila, your parents sent a package in this morning." Clara said with a smile.

"Have you talked to them recently?" I asked.

"Yes, just last night actually. Haven't you talked to them?" Michael spoke up.

"No. They haven't returned any of my calls or texts." I said as I felt sadness wash over me.

"I'm sure they're busy." Clara tried comforting me.

"If they were so busy then why were you able to talk to them yesterday?" I asked Michael. I felt Lauren grab my hand from under the table and give it a small squeeze. It didn't help much because I still felt myself getting angry at the thought of my parents purposely ignoring me.

"It was more of a business call. You do know that we are business partners?" Michael asked me. "I also work with your friends parents. In fact i've known all of their fathers since high school."

"Wait! You've known them since high school? I thought you only met them because of the business industry." Lauren said with disbelief. I released my hand from hers so I could continue to eat.

"Yeah. In fact we all hung out with eachother in high school. The eleven of us were always together. Then as we got older we decided to get in the buiness industry together." Michael said with a smile.

"Eleven of you? But there's ten of us?" Lauren questioned.

"Oh. You haven't met Kyle yet." Michael shrugged. "In fact, Clara, why don't we invite everyone over one day? It could be a little reuinion party."

"We should. It sounds like a great idea. We could send the kids away on a little bonding trip and maybe we can go somewhere else." Clara beamed with her eyes shining.

"I feel the love mom." Lauren mumbled.

"Not that we would want to send you girls away though. You know we love you." Clara said with a smile. I felt my insides melt at the fact that she said the last sentence. I don't know if she was saying it to me but it still feels nice.

"Well i'm okay with the idea. I mean, as long as you send us to a nice place." Lauren shrugged as she finished eating.

"Well, it's just an idea. We will need to make sure that everyone can make it." Michael said.

"Well anyways, Camila, we have to go already." Lauren stood up and turned to face me. I nodded and shoved the rest of my pancake in my mouth before standing up. "So you two are going to be back when exactly?" Lauren asked her parents.

"Monday. Here. This should be enough for the weekend." Michael said as he held out money in Lauren's direction. She happily took it and we made our way out after we wished them a nice trip.

"Camila, i'm sorry about your parents not contacting you. It's their loss honestly. They don't realize that they have an amazing daughter." Lauren said as she reached over and grabbed my hand. I smiled at her before I faced the road once more. I parked the car in the school's parking lot and turned to face Lauren.