Chapter 47

Camila's POV

"Yes. The girls will be at the vacation house while us adults, will be in Italy." Michael went over the Christmas plans. Apparently we were going to be in a cabin. They were against it at first but eventually decided it was good for us because one of his friends said it would be a great way to be with nature.

"Why can't we go to Italy with you?" Lauren complained. "I don't want to be in the stupid woods. Besides we will be by ourselves."

"What's so wrong with that?" I whispered to her. She glanced over at me and smirked.

"You won't be alone. Daniel was more than happy to chaperone you girls. He said that he will take you hiking and show you around the grounds." Clara informed us.

"Daniel's going to be there?!" Lauren said happily.

"Yes. Now Camila, Sofi is going to be coming with your parents since she is younger and they wouldn't want her to be in the woods. We tried to change their minds but they made it clear." Michael said before taking another bite of the food Clara had cooked for us.

"She's going to be really bored being around all of you." I said with a small smile.

"We know that. All the younger kids will be coming with us but we have different plans for them. They are going to have one of the best trips any child would want." Clara boasted.

"So after we're done eating grab your things and we'll drop you off at the cabin so we won't be late for our flight." Michael said. Lauren looked over at me and smiled. We quickly finished eating and went back to our rooms. Lauren threw herself on the bed and sighed.

Ever since Amy called us she has been more happy. Knowing that she was still alive gave her a sense of calmness but knowing that she is kidnapped has had her very worried at the same time. She has constantly been checking her phone to see if she would call again. After the call ended we immediately went to the police. Instead of filing Amy as a missing person they said she was possibly being held hostage. They started to make connections over who would kidnap her but haven't found anything yet.

Amy's parents have been really upset lately, which shocked me. What Lauren has told me about how they treat her made it seem like they could care less, but seeing them these past months show another side. They clearly miss her and are completely devastated. Her older sister flew in from Oregon when she received the news. I was glad to have met her. Unfortunately she had to leave again.

"Lauren, come on. We have to get the things in the car." I said as I made my way over to her. I crawled on top of her so I could straddle her.

"Can you do it for me? Please." She whined while pouting.

"No. Don't be a lazy ass." I whispered as I leaned in to connect our lips.

"But I like being lazy." She whispered back. Just as our lips were going to connect a loud voice interupted us.

"Being lazy is not good sweetheart." I pulled away and saw Lauren's dad entering the room. He raised a brow at me. I blushed and quickly got off of his daughter. "I think I should install security camera's in the rooms just to make sure nothing wrong happens." He said as he crossed his arms.

"Don't be silly dad. We're going to be in the woods. What's the worst that can happen." Lauren sarcastically said as she sat up. "Oh wait, a bear can come in and eat us or something."

"There aren't bears located in the area. But you might get killed by a mountain lion." Michael said with a smirk. Lauren's smile faded. "If you do, oh well." He shrugged. "Anyways, hurry up girls. The drive to the cabin is a few hours and we still have a flight to catch."