Chapter 20

Camilas POV

"Lauren....Camila." I woke up to someone calling our names. I opened my eyes and jumped a little when I saw Clara right beside me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Mom you're back." I heard Lauren say in a tired voice. I soon felt a heavy weight roll over me. I groaned once Lauren got off me to hug her mom. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"So were you girls alright this week?" Clara mumbled once she released Lauren. "You didn't fight did you?"

"No. I actually found out Camila isn't as horrible as I thought she was." Lauren said giving me a wink.

"Well that's good, I suppose. Anyways do you girls want to come eat breakfast? Michael said he wanted to take you girls out as an apology for not being here this week." She asked with happiness in her voice.

"Sure." Lauren answered.

"Ok well get ready in 30 minutes. We'll be downstairs." With that said she got up and left. To be honest I didn't want to go because I feel awkward. I mean not only am I going to be with Lauren but with her family. I know I ate breakfast with her yesterday but I felt more comfortable being alone with her. What if her parents secretly hate me because we got into a fight?

"Well hurry up." Lauren said while going into the bathroom. I lazily stood up and went into the closet. I changed quickly into some jeans and Laurens hoodie.  When I heard the bathroom door open I rushed in there, hoping Lauren won't get mad at my choice of sweater. After I did my business I peeked out of the bathroom to make sure Lauren was nowhere is sight. When I looked over at the closet the door was closed so I figured she was changing in there. I put on my converse and combed through my hair before going downstairs. I saw Michael and Clara sitting at the counter. They turned to me and smiled.

"Hello Camila. I would like to properly introduce myself. I'm Michael Jauregui, you know Laurens dad." He gave me a warm smile in which I returned. "I'm sorry if I came off rude when you first came here it's just I have been extremely busy with work. I hope you have adjusted here and that Lauren has been kind to you. Although seeing that you are wearing her favorite hoodie I assume you two are getting along just fine."

"Y-yeah we're f-fine." I stuttered. I'm not going to lie, he is intimidating.

"Hello daddy. Ok are we ready to go." Lauren said as she came into the kitchen and hugged her dad.

"Hello sweetheart. And yes let's start heading out." Michael and Clara started walking out with me following until I felt my arm being yanked backwards. I turned my face to see Lauren glaring at me.

"Why are you wearing my hoodie again?" She asked letting me go.

"I don't have many clean clothes remember. Plus I like it." I winked at her and walked away. I don't know why I winked but oh well. It's to late to take it back.

"Well I like it to that's why it's my favorite one so take it off." She demanded. I stopped in front of the door and turned around to face her again.

"Why? You're not even going to wear it."

"Well it's my only clean sweater and it's sprinkling." She pointed at the door behind me.

"Ugh no. I'm not going to take it off. Just wear one of mine." I suggested.

"Ewwww no."

"Well then freeze because i'm not going to take it off." I said starting to get annoyed. I turned around and turned the doorknob until Lauren sighed aloud, clearly from frustration. I knew what she was going to say so I just rested my hand on the knob.