Chapter 25

Laurens POV

Today is the day we finally go back to school. I'm pretty nervous. After hearing what the girls have been saying I just don't know what's going to happen. I quickly got out of the shower and changed into some jeans and a cute top. I got out of the bathroom and saw Camila barely waking up. I stared at her until her eyes met mine. I dashed into the closet and took a deep breath. I have been avoiding her all week. To be honest i'm kind of scared of her now. It's not because she's scary herself but because these strange feelings I get when I am around her. I get nervous and shy, and I don't like it. I try to stop myself from feeling these strange feelings when i'm around her but they only grow stronger everytime.

"Hey Lauren! Can you get out of the closet already?" I heard Camila say while she knocked on the door. "I need to get my clothes for school."

"Yeah hold up." I looked for my leather jacket and emerged from the closet. She was standing directly in front of me. My breath hitched when I realized how close we were.

"Lauren. Why have you been...." she started to say until I cut her off.

"You should get ready. School starts in 30 minutes." I walk around her and go to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and tried to steady my nerves for a few moments.

"So what? You're just going to be cold to me again?" I turned around and saw Camila in the doorway. She was wearing some tight jeans with a cute top and her jean jacket. "I thought we could at least be friends." I was able to catch the hurt expression she had before it turned into anger.

"Camila it's just..."

"No I get it. We're in different groups so we're back to hating eachother. Just hurry up I don't want to be late on our first day back." She says coldly. She turned around and started walking out until I stopped her.

"Hey Camila," I called her. She turned around and stared at me with an expectant expression. I sighed before I continued, "don't take your sunglasses. It's going to be cloudy today." I gestured to her sunglasses in hand.

She frowned and nodded her head before grabbing her bag from the bed and walking out of the room. I sighed in frustration. I don't know why i'm frustrated, but I just am. I got my bag and followed her down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Have fun at school today." My mom waved at Camila before she saw me. "You to Lauren. And stay out of trouble." She pointed to the both of us before leaving the house. Camila was eating a muffin at the counter while Elizabeth was cooking some eggs.

"Would you like some eggs Lauren?" Elizabeth asked me with a smile. I smiled and opened my mouth to answer until Camila spoke up.

"No she doesn't." She said bluntly. I gave her a confused look, in which she ignored as she finished up her muffin.

"Well Lauren needs to eat breakfast and you just ate the last muffin so all there is left is the food i'm making." Elizabeth answered with a smirk. Camila glared at her.

"You know what else is left?" Camila stood up and walked over to my side. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the entrance of the kitchen. "Places that sell breakfast." She dragged me out of the room, but not before I was able to mouth a 'sorry' to Elizabeth. Once she closed the front door she released my hand and walked away mumbling some words to herself. I stood there confused as I watched her walk over to the garage door.

"Well hurry up if you want to get breakfast!" She gave me an annoyed expression. I nodded my head and speed walked to the garage. Once we were in the car she turned up the music and turned to face out the window. Well I guess she was lying about taking me to get breakfast. I sighed and started driving to school.