Chapter 40

Laurens POV

"Okay ladies! As you know I only need 9 of you on the team, but there are 10 of you. So I decided on who to cut off of the team. If you hear your name you're on the team." Our coach said everyone's name except for Amy. We all kind of saw this coming since she would constantly let go of the bat or trip while we would run.

"What the fuck! What about me?" She exclaimed.

"I wasn't finished." Coach said.

"Sure as hell seemed like it."

"Just let me fini...." Amy interupted again.

"Holy Shit! I know what you're going to say." Amy said as a smile formed on her face.

"You're not supposed to use those words together in the same sentence." Normani and Ally said in unision.

"Oh my God." Normani mumbled as Ally squealed.

"Whatever. Jen just say it. Come on i'm waiting." Amy said with a smile.

"First of all don't call me Jen. Second, I had no choice. Third, i'm not going to let you play if you keep hitting me with the equipment." Coach rolled her eyes but continued. "But yes, you made the team."

"Ohhhh yes. Motherfuckers suck it!" Amy exclaimed as she humped the air two times before jumping up and down.

"Only because you are going to be an understudy. If anyone of them get hurt then you play for them. Got it?" Coach raised her brow at her.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I fucking made the varsity team bitches. Shit! I might be good enough to be captain."

"No. Captains are Lauren and Dinah."

"I'm captain?" I asked.

"Yes. You and Dinah are two of the best players I have seen. Especially since you have no history in the sport. It just shows that you have natural talent." She smiled at me. I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my face.

"Congrats babe." I turned around to see Camila holding her arms out for a hug. I made my way towards her but before I was able to get myself wrapped in her arms Dinah beat me to it.

"Awwww. Thanks." Dinah said as she squeezed my girlfriend in a tight hug.

"Hey. Back off of my girlfriend." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Or what?" Dinah challenged me by giving Camila a kiss on the cheek.

"Or i'll kick your ass." I shrugged. She stared at me for a few seconds before she burst out laughing.

"Oh God. You're to funny Lauren." Dinah said as she patted my shoulder and walked towards our coach, who was arguing with Amy about being captain.

"Awww. Don't frown babe." Camila gave me a hug.

"How could I not frown when she just laughed in my face when I was being dead serious."

"Yeah but we all know that you can't kick Dinah's ass." Camila kissed my lips before walking away from me.

"I can kick her ass." I called as I followed behind her.

"No you can't Laur. Just face the facts." Zendaya patted my shoulder while she jogged past me. I sighed because even I know it's true.

"You might not be able to kick her ass but I can." Becky said as she walked towards me.

"You think your little midget ass can kick Dinah's ass?" Olivia said as she shook her head.

"No. I know I can." Becky said as she grabbed her phone to stop it from ringing.

"You'll be lucky if you're able to bruise an apple." Alyssa said as she looked through her sports bag. Becky flipped us off before answering her phone and sitting on the grass. I sat beside my bag and watched as Amy gave Jennifer a sweet smile while recieving a glare.