Chapter 17

Laurens POV

"Ok this is the movie room." I said while walking inside the room with Camila. I decided that I should give her a tour since the loser got lost a few times already.

"Woah this one is better than mine." She said as she looked around. I watched her as she looked at the bean bags that were placed around the room. We had a variety of colored bean bags, in all we had around twelve. All of the bean bags were arranged as half a circle in front of the large television screen.

"No way you have a popcorn and cotton candy machine?!" She squealed. I couldn't help but smile at her reaction.

"Yes we do." I answered with a chuckle. Surprisingly this morning she hasn't really annoyed me.

"You little bitch. Why didn't you tell me you had a movie room?" She said turning to me. I rolled my eyes at her and started walking to the door.

"Well hurry up." I gestured for her to follow me.

"I counted 8 doors. What are the other rooms?" I heard her ask behind me.

"Well we have a game room where you can play video games, you already know the attic. My dads office is here to and so is my room. The 3 rooms at the end of the hallway are my brother's, sister's, and parent's rooms but you're......" I started to say until she cut me off.

"Is your brother and sister the people on your keychain?"

"Yeah that's them." I mumbled.

"Well where are they? I haven't seen them."

"That's none of your business ok. So just stop asking these fucking questions already." I said more harsher than I had intended to. I immediately walked away from her and went to my backyard. I went to my mothers small greenhouse and sat on a bench that was near the roses. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. I placed my head in my hands and tried to shake them out of my head.

"Lauren i'm sorry." I heard Camila say beside me. I was to distracted by the memories that I didn't even notice her sitting next to me. "I didn't mean to upset you by.." she started to say until I cut her off.

"No it's fine. If anything I should be apologizing to you. I didn't mean to snap at you like that."

"No you had every right to. I mean I crossed the line by asking about them because it's obvious they aren't here anymore....." she said as she fidgeted with her fingers. I looked at her confused until I understood what she meant.

"Oh no you dumbass. They're still alive." She looked up at me with a confused expression. "It's just that I don't like talking about them."

"You should have told me that earlier you idiot."

"What part of, I don't like talking about them, don't you understand?" I replied annoyed that she would even say that.

"Well why don't you like talking about them I mean they're your family? I'm over here missing my little sister and yet you say you don't even want to talk about your brother and sister. That's just ridiculous. "

I stood up and started walking out of the greenhouse. When I reached the back door I felt her grab my wrist. I just stood there and waited for her to talk.

"Lauren please look at me."

"What do you want Camila?" I said holding back my tears with my back towards her. I cannot let her see me cry. I heard her sigh before she turned me around gently and made me face her.

"Lauren i'm sorry ok. I won't bring them up anymore. I promise." She held out her pinkie for me to interlace. I chuckled and locked my finger around hers.