Chapter 44

*;) enjoy*

Laurens POV

I've been very distant with Camila lately. Can you blame me though? My best friend has been missing for over a month now and i've slowly been loosing hope. I know that the others are upset to but they are trying to brush it off. I've been hanging out with Niall a lot recently. He is completely shattered. He constantly goes to the police and asks if they have any information but I can see that even the police have given up, which only pisses me off.

"Come on babe. We have to get the food for dinner."

"Okay." I responded as we went to my car. Camila sighed and continued the drive but I noticed that she wasn't going in the direction of the super market. "Where are you going?"

  Instead of answering she turned up the music and continued to drive.

"I said where are you going!?" I shut off the music and glared at her. This is how it's been lately. I would constantly snap at her for the smallest things. I'm not sure why since she doesn't really do anything for me to be mad at her. I groaned at her and turned my head out the window. It was obvious to me now that we were never told to get food for dinner tonight. Now that I think about it, my mom has already been planning this dinner for a long time so why would she tell us to get the food the same day of Thanksgiving? Wow. I'm such an idiot. I turned on the music again and just waited for her to get to her destination. After about an hour of silence, except for the music, she parked the car near a lookout point where a cliff was located. She quickly got out of the car and walked over to the railings near the edge. I slowly made my way out and walked behind her. There was no one in sight. Probably because it was a holiday.

"Why are we here?" I questioned her.

"Are we okay?" She turned around and I saw the pain in her beautiful brown eyes. Tears were running down her cheeks as she tried to not break down in front of me.

"Considering the fact that we're still together, i'm pretty sure we are." I replied as I walked down the side of the railings.

"Then why have you been so cold to me? You have been ignoring me so much and it hurts me. I have stuck by your side because I love you way to much and I want to get past this mess."

"My best friend is missing Camila! How do expect me to react!?! Not only that but my brother and sister are coming home tonight! It's just to much for me to handle!" I snapped at her as tears escaped my eyes.

"You act as if Amy's disappearance has only affected you! You think that you're the only one hurting over it but you're not! We all miss her Laur, but there is only so much we can do. We can't sit around and wait for her to come back. I'm not saying to give up hope on her returning but at least just try to....." I cut her off.

"Not let it affect my life as much as it already has." I said in a monotone. I leaned on the railing and looked out onto the ocean below us. "I just can't do that. She's always been around me when I would freak out about anything. We've been best friends since before we could even talk." I sighed. It went silent after that.

"D-do you want a b-break?" Camila stuttered out. I snapped my head in her direction.

"What?" Tears filled her eyes again.

"Do you want a break from our relationship? If you do just tell me now."

"No. I would never want that." I walked up to her and grabbed her hands. "I love you so much, i'm sorry. I'm so sorry if you ever thought I wanted that." I engulfed her in a hug. "I'm sorry Camz. It's just this is so much for me to handle." I began to cry into her chest as she held me tight.