Chapter 28

Camilas POV

"Hurry up Lauren, we have to go." I said as I fixed my hair.

"Go start the car! I'll be out there in a bit!" She shouted from the bathroom. I sighed and grabbed her keys. As I started walking down the stairs Elizabeth suddenly appeared at the bottom. She looked up at me and gave me a fake smile. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to walk down. I went into the kitchen and grabbed some cookies with milk.

"Good morning Camila." I looked up from the table to see Michael sitting across from me.

"Hello." I gave him a smile.

"Camila I have something I want to make clear." He started. I already knew what this was going to be about. I sighed before placing my cookie down and giving him my full attention.

"Clara has been telling me what's been going on lately, you know about the whole ditching school and the college party. I just want you to know that I know my daughter well enough and I know you didn't force her into ditching school to go to a party. Heck! If anything, Lauren would probably be trying to force you." He said with a shrug. The second those words left his mouth I felt relief wash over me.

"As for those college boys." He raised a brow at me. "Clara told me that even Lauren confirmed about you talking to them. Camila, I want you to know that I feel protective over you, I know I am not your father, but if one of those boys hurt you, I will hurt them." He said with a smile. I chuckled at him. It was strange being told this. My own dad had never had this conversation with me. In fact, he never even got involved in my personal life. I couldn't help but stand up and give Michael a hug. When he hugged back I felt my eyes get teary. I pulled away and wiped my tears away.

"I can guarantee that you will not have to do that since i'm not interested in them." I said as I went to sit down again.

"Well that makes it easier." He chuckled.

"Yeah. I can only see them as good friends, nothing more." I said with a smile.

"Good morning Mr. Jauregui. Here is your breakfast." Elizabeth placed a plate in front of him and gave him a smile.

"Thank you." He looked over at me and had a confused expression. "Camila, why don't you put down those cookies and have a plate of the wonderful breakfast Elizabeth made?"

"Because she probably poisoned it." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

"Oh, it's just that i'm ok with this." I pointed to the cookies. He raised his brow at me.

"Really?" I shrugged. "Elizabeth go serve Camila a plate please." Elizabeth turned to me and sighed before leaving the room. "So I just want you to know that I know you're not pressuring my daughter into doing anything. In fact, if she pressures you into doing something I want you to tell us about it. I have a favor to ask of you Camila."

"It won't involve me getting hurt will it?" I said trying to make a joke. He chuckled before shaking his head.

"No of course not." He smiled.

"Well then sure." I said just as Elizabeth came in with a plate.

"Here is your breakfast Camila." She tossed the plate in front of me. I glared at her. "What you're not going to eat it?" She said trying to act innocent.

"Not if you made it." I said through gritted teeth. She glared back and the sudden urge to tackle her to the floor intensified by the second. Suddenly I heard someone clear their throat.

"You can go now Elizabeth." Michael interupted our glare contest. She turned to him and gave him a smile before leaving. "Is there something else I should know about, you know between you and Elizabeth?"