▎fifty-two

"Yuta!"

A voice shouted for the said man to hear. Yuta snapped his head to Taeyong who waved his hand excitedly.

Yuta waved back, heaving a sigh. The auditorium that was once deserted became a noisy, packed room in no time.

The staffs were busy setting up the equipments. The supportive friends and families of the contestants are already off to pick up the best locations to see the performance that's about to unfold any moment now.

The japanese walked to Taeyong, having to squeeze himself from the myriad crowd. He spotted his other friends chatting with each other, overhearing their nervousness for today's event.

It's finally the day.

"I thought you'd be late." Taeyong whispered once Yuta flopped next to him.

"Never in a million years would I miss it." Yuta replied, his gaze accidentally landing on a specific person and it never left.

Taeyong followed the boy's stare and found Eunsol.

"Don't you want to talk to her? Give her a good luck hug? A kiss perhaps?" Taeyong joked.

He raised a teasing eyebrow and  tautingly nudged Yuta's shoulder. He got a hard push as a reply.

"S-stop it..."

"You're so shy when it comes to her." Taeyong teased.

The two bestfriends started to have a conversation, one involving their love life. They were suprised to be talking about it. They usually dive into the romance when they get drunk.

They didn't complain though. 

They gave honest opinions to each other and what they both think of the situations they're in. Taeyong trying his best not to admit that the elevator accident was actually an incident. Yuta voicing out his thoughts about Taeyong's relationship with Minji.

"I don't know...just be careful. I don't want you to get hurt." Yuta mumbled to Taeyong.

"Thanks, but Minji isn't who she was before. She doesn't play around like she used to." Taeyong gave Yuta a pat on the shoulder and a sweet smile.

"I think its also a sign, you know? That she's the one? I never had a girlfriend before and I think I got lucky to have the first and last one." Taeyong added shyly.

Yuta looked in slight disbelief that the boy beside him is blushing. 

"Wow, you're so cute." 

Yuta playfully punched Taeyong's chest, earning a scowl from the latter.

From their peripheral view, they saw Doyoung with Han Byul.

"Hey Doyoung! Over here!"

Yuta stood up from his seat and grabbed the couple's attention successfully.

"We saved you guys a seat," Taeyong gestured to the chair next to him.

Han Byul gave the boys a smile before she was slowly walking to their seats.

"Can we see her before the program starts?" Han Byul asked excitedly.

The others began to wonder if they could make it to the backstage.

"Let's try to sneak in?"

Eunsol looked at herself from the vanity mirror. Her heavy breathing resonates in the room. She took nervous glances around her fellow ballerinas.

It's a simple room.