▎sixteen

"Okay" I sat comfortably in my seat and motioned him to talk.

He shook his head and buried his hands in his pocket "Not here"

"But-"

"Eunsol!" A new voice spoke and Yuta's sister came walking towards us, wearing an extravagant gown.

"your dance was wonderful! I've got nothing to say to it" Taeyong slightly moved away to give her more space and before I knew it, he was gone. Probably back to Yuta or something. I was still curious to what he had to say though because he looked serious.

"thanks unnie." she held my hands before saying..

"mom gave me a very special gift. And she told me to invite all the people I want. So, do you wanna join?" she grinned and I grinned back.

"Depends on what it is."

She chuckled, slapping my shoulder softly. "You'll find out after the party"

"Oh, wait." she stared at me and I effortlessly grabbed a box from my bag, giving it to her.

"Happy Happy Birthday, unnie!"

She covered her mouth and smiled at me "Thank you Eunsol but your dance was already so nice"

I laughed "Take it"

"Okay then.. If you insist"

Inside the box was a bracelet I made with Haechan a few weeks ago. We were bored and decided to buy beads and strings, resulting in our accessories making session.

"after the party, go to the parking lot and a car will wait for you there. " she winked at me before walking to the centre stage to give a speech and talk to all her visitors. This day is for her after all.

"hey cutie" a voice behind me uttered and I jumped back when a cold thing touched my shoulder.

"Tada!" Seon Mi yelled, handing me a cold cocktail🍸.

"boi, there are alot of hot guys in here." Hari, one of my closest friend/ Johnny's cousin dramatically fanned herself. This girl is extremely into flaming boys, sometimes I just want to facepalm myself when she shamelessly asks for some random guy's number but I guess she can't do that in this formal event. She may be a little too bold when it comes to boys, but Hari is as innocent as an angel unlike Seon Mi who knows too much.

"So, have you heard about what Yuta's mother gave to unnie?" Hari asked, giggling and we both shrugged.

"nope. I'm guessing its a candy factory?" Seon mi thought and Hari grinned.

I decided to think about it too. I feel like unnie is more like an elite woman. "Maybe she bought her a hotel?"

Their jaws dropped before agreeing with me "Then we're just gonna have to find out"

•••••

The party is finally over. Its not like I didn't like it or something, I just wanna take this dress off and change to comfortable clothes. I'm used to wearing many dresses but for some reasons, I just feel hot. Like firing hot.

Probably because Yuta's gaze have been piercing like lazer right into me.

"Eunsol, Yuta is staring like crazy" Hari nudged me, letting out a teasing giggle.

"I'm sure he's only looking at the wall" I shrugged as we patiently wait for the car that was said to pick us up here in the parking lot.

"Nope, negative." Seon Mi leaned against the wall.

I groaned when they started to tease me and I turned around to face Yuta.

"What do you want?"

He raised his eyebrows and chuckled deeply "What?"

"they said you've been staring at m-"

Another chuckle escaped his lips "you and your friends should stop assuming things."

Now, it was my turn to smile bitterly. I actually hoped he was looking at me because he wanted to apologize for what he did the other night. Maybe he wanted to stop being so mean and let his guards down but who was I fooling? Yuta would never in a million years become friendly to me, even if it causes him his life.

"that's why-"

"what? that's why Doyoung never liked me? Is that what you were gonna say?" I gritted my teeth.

He smirked one last time and was about to leave until he mumbled a few words that set me into fire.

"how about you try reading a book for selflessness. Maybe that can change you like the way your grades does" and he left.

I gulped, not wanting to let everyone see me cry. Because I wont cry over Yuta's words, not anymore. I realized I've been wasting too much tears over his useless and empty words.

How about he tries to eat a soccer ball for good manners? Okay, that suck. But I won't let him trample over me again. If I need to step on him to make him shut up then be it.

Thanks for reading🍁