▎fifty-four

"Is that everything then?" Yuta asked, his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

Taeyong glanced around, noticing the randomly piled bags in the ground.

"I'm afraid there's more." He replied, shaking his head. He reached towards the nearest box he could find and carried it with ease. The box made a splashing sound, Taeyong guessed it was for the drinks.

"Why don't you help so we can drive off now?" Taeyong added with a raised eyebrow to the others.

Johnny, who would've been a great help to the heavier bags was busy talking to Seon Mi. Winwin and Hari couldn't come, with the pregnancy, they had to be more cautious so they stayed home, cuddling each other probably. Eunsol was in a deep conversation with her mother on the porch of their house. Mark and Haechan's voices were the loudest earlier but now they just disappeared. Jungwoo and Doyoung helped carry the smaller bags into the trunk of the vans. Han Byul and Minji giggled senselessly in a corner.

The group of friends ought to spend time with each other before college begins. Fortunately, they had the perfect location for it. Mrs. Park owned a private villa which will be entitled to Eunsol soon.

White sand, crashing waves...it sounds like a perfect place to de-stress.

Eunsol's house was the rendezvous before they ride off to the beach house. After all, it was Eunsol's property they were visiting. She knew the place more than they do. It explains the teenagers and bags outside Eunsol's mansion. Her mother would've been a great company but they decided it was a trip they wanted nothing to do with adults. Considering they were basically adults themselves.

Ms. Park had been reluctant to this request. As much as Ms. Park trusted Eunsol and her friends, she didn't like the idea of letting them off alone. Eventually, she agreed.

"Well, just be careful alright?" Ms. Park said worriedly.

"Don't worry mom. We'll be okay." Eunsol leaned her head on her mother's shoulder.

The packing was finished by the time it was six in the morning. They already had their plans when they get to the beach house. First and foremost, they would eat breakfast upon arrival. They would unpack and assign everyone to their respective rooms. Perhaps, they would just go with the flow and see where the day would lead them.

Their transportation was a black shiny van that appeared as though it was newly bought. Johnny, much to his excitement, gets to drive it. Eunsol was on the front seat to guide Johnny (though the GPS can already be of great assistance). Jungwoo, Taeil, Yuta, and Taeyong are in the second seat. Mark and Haechan materialized when Johnny started the engine, looking as if they just had wrestled a mountain troll. They sat together with Minji, Doyoung, Han Byul on the last seat of the van.

After checking that they didn't forget anything, they drove off.

The view from the van slowly transitioned from the grand buildings to the breathtaking coastlines. They entertained themselves by jamming to some songs, playing games and talking.

The road trip was on timelapse because of the fun they had. In a blink, they had arrived to their destination.

Eunsol patted her lap and exhaled deeply. She was about to leave the car when the door opened for her. Yuta flashed a smile, motioned Eunsol to jump out before closing the car door.

"Thanks for that." Eunsol whispered.

"You're welcome." Yuta grinned.

They went to the trunk of the van to get their stuffs. Yuta asked to bring Eunsol's bag for her but Eunsol laughed lightly, declining Yuta's offer.