▎eleven

I took a deep breath as I entered my mother's company. I had a hunch that she'll be here because sometimes when she needs to do much paperwork she sleeps in her office.

I opened the door and there I saw my mother.

She looked so pale and tired.

"M-mom" I walked closer to her and she widened her eyes.

"Eunsol, what are y-you doing here?" She stood up from her revolving chair and hugged me tightly.

My mom sobbed as she apologized "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone to the hotel and made a mess. I shouldn't have kept it a secret, maybe I should've turned a blind eye and let it go so you can be happy. I'm sorry Eunsol, I'm sorry. "

I broke the hug and wiped the tears off her cheeks "Mom, why would you turn a blind eye from it? If we aren't happy then we aren't. You can't just sacrifice everything you have for me. What about you? Can you think of yourself first, mom? I'm even happy that you did it. At least now, we won't be living under a lie" unexpected tears trickled from my eyes and we both sobbed together in our arms.

"We can live on our own now mom. It's okay. I just wish I can see dad one last time"

My mom stared at me with sorrow "S-sorry Eunsol but he flew out of Korea yesterday. I don't know where he went. He didn't even send you a message or a call. I'm sorry you have to get through all of this."

"Mom, you have to stop saying you're sorry. You can't live your life trying to apologize all the time. If someone has to take the blame. Then it's me...

"if it weren't for me, then you two wouldn't have to hold onto each other forcefully"

"No,no. don't say that Eunsol. We did it because we are your parents. "

"Mom, it's o-okay now. I'm 18. I understand the two of you. Although I don't know why dad had to do it. I'm just happy to see you" I hugged her again with dried salty tears on my cheeks.

"let's start all over again and live happily. All I want is for you and dad to be happy. And I hope he is"

My mom wiped her tears "You are such a caring daughter. What did I do in my past life to deserve you?"

"you're the best mom anyone could ever wish for. What did I do to deserve you?"

We sat in her comfortable couch in silence and I felt relieved.

I'll be fine as long as my mom is with me.

If you're asking, no. I don't hate my dad.

Other than the fact that he cheated on my mother. He didn't run away from his responsibility of being a father. I know deep down that he loved my mother, but maybe he wasn't contented with what he had. The feeling of wanting more took over him to the point that he lost his wife.

I grew up with a father by my side and I might die without one but...

I love him, wherever he is.

E U N S O L' S

M A N S I O N

-SATURDAY-

Today is a very important day for me.

After a night of noisy thoughts. I decided to make this day the day to finally confess to Doyoung.

I liked him since I was a child and now, I dare to say it.

I wore a white dress that stopped on my thigh and I styled my hair effortlessly. I have to create a big impression on Doyoung tonight.

"is the decoration ready? please make sure the side dishes are already set on the table and the desserts are served after the main course" My mom uttered as she facilitated the kitchen.

"Ooh~darling, you look stunning" She made me look at her and I smiled.

"You picked the right dress"

"Thank you, I want to make this day special" I whispered and she raised her eyebrows

"What does that mean?"

"You'll find out soon~"

"can't wait..." she giggled

Soon, we both heard the bell, and mom rushed to the door.

"Mom, I'll get it." I offered to open the door for Doyoung's family and she smiled.

"Thanks, Eunsol, I'll go check the table"

I nodded, watching as mom left and I proceed to the door after checking myself in the mirror.

"Good evening, Doyoung-" I looked around and saw no signs of him around. His father must have noticed so he chuckled.

"Doyoung will be late for a while. He came to pick up someone" He said and I nodded, thanking him for the information.

I wonder why he still wants to pick up Taeyong and Yuta when they have their own transportation. And why invite them in the first place?

"Please come in then" I opened the door and sighed, coming in with Doyoung's father and going to my room.

"He'll be late?" I looked at my phone and contemplated whether to call him or not.

bless me, achoo

Simon says be cool

don't be such a fool--

My ringtone suddenly erupted and I quickly looked at my phone, hoping it was him.

I sighed again "Hi Yuta..."

"are you really disappointed that it's me who called?" He scoffed and I disagreed.

"Of course not"

"I want to talk to Doyoung. He isn't answering his phone."

I asked, "now that you said it, aren't you with Doyoung?"

"No, why would I be with him? And if I was, would I have called you? I don't like wasting my voice for you except when I don't have a choice"

I chuckled, typical Yuta.

"Yeah,yeah. No need to remind me. So if you aren't Doyoung's plus one, then who is?"

He stayed silent for a minute before answering, "I don't know, it must be Taeyong."

"Oh okay, so-"

I scoffed, looking at my phone in disbelief.

Did he just hang up on me?!

I took a deep breath and fixed my dress.

"Hi, Doyoung. I'm glad to see you" I could hear my mother's voice downstairs and I felt relief and nervous that he is finally here.

"Hang on, she's here," My mom said and I flashed a smile once I saw Doyoung.

He wore a tuxedo and he had this smoking appeal and confidence.

My heart continued to pound. Will this finally be my happily ever after?

As I walked down the set of stairs, I can't help but think of all the outcomes of my courage.

Would he say yes? Would he turn me down? Did he ever have feelings for me? Does he like me in the way that I do? If yes, then why didn't he confess? If yes, did he realize it now just like I did?

After my never-ending thoughts, I stepped on the marble floor with all eyes on me and mine only on his.

I looked around and notice a familiar face beside Doyoung.

I slowly realized that what I am looking at right now, is the answer to all my questions.

I realized that everything is answered because of Doyoung's plus one.

Thanks for reading🍁