▎ intro

The faint music of Swan Lake played in the background while I continued to do my stretchings. I looked at the large mirror attached to the walls, waiting for at least a message or someone to appear in the dance studio. Someone I'd been expecting.

Ting! Despite the music, I was able to hear my phone buzz and I instantly walked to my bag.

Bunny_Prince🐰

Are you still in your practice room?

I smiled as I typed back.

Eunsol🐢

I just got here, how bout U? I'm w8ting.

As soon as I sent the message, my phone immediately buzzed again

Bunny_Prince🐰

I'm right here

I raised my eyebrows in confusion when the door suddenly bursted open, revealing the person I was waiting for. Doyoung.

"Hey, I've been waiting for you." I punched his shoulders playfully, earning a laugh from him.

"Since when didn't you call me Oppa?" We both made our way to the table and settled down in the chair.

"Are you kidding me? We are both 18." I opened the bags he brought and was surprised to see the amount of fast food in it.

"Thank you for the food," I lick my lips and instantly invited the burger to my mouth.

"Wait!" Doyoung flicked my forehead 

I frowned, "What?"

"You need to watch what you eat or else you'll regret because of how much weight you will gain," He said in a stern voice earning a laugh from me.

"Ey, come on. I can handle a few of these babies. I'll eat this burger and go back to exercising again." I attempt to get the food out of his hands but he pulled it away.

"Isn't your recital coming up?" I looked at him and nodded.

"No! no! wait! Let's talk about this! " I bolted out of my seat when he took the burger and all the food away from my grasp.

"I just don't want to see you work hard non stop to lose the weight you might gain today. I don't want to see you cry."

I sighed, understanding his worries. "Sorry, I should discipline myself more"

I moved towards him and asked, "But why did you bring that here?"

He took his phone from his pocket "These are for Taeyong and Yuta."

I smiled at how cute he looked taking care of his friends.

"Well then, I'm glad you brought food from a true restaurant. We don't want your friend to die from food poisoning."

He rolled his eyes, "very funny"

I laughed at his reaction, "Of course it's a joke. You're good at cooking."

He smiled at what I said before he ruffled my hair.

"Oh and they're on their way," He looked up from his phone.

"That's great. Then can I join you guys?" I asked Doyoung and in an attempt to say something when the door busted open and voices erupted in the dance studio.

"I told you if you lose in Overwatch. I will-" Taeyong stopped talking as soon as we both made eye contact, suddenly changing the mood inexplicably.

I opened my mouth to speak but Doyoung got ahead of me.

"Hey, guys," Doyoung greets Yuta and Taeyong with a fist bump while I sit there awkwardly.

These burgers are getting tempting...

"What exactly are we doing here?" Yuta chimed, clearly having no interest in being here.

"Oh, Eunsol still has practice. I figure we wait for her before we all hang out... Here have some burgers."

I looked at Doyoung as he gaveYuta and Taeyong their food and soda

"This place is suffocating," Yuta said with a mocking look.

Doyoung felt the need to cut our eye contact off so he did "Eunsol, Yuta's just joking. You know how he is."

Doyoung tittered and I waved my hand dismissively "No, no. It's cool. I agree with how suffocating it can be in here"

He clicked his tongue, totally ignoring me, "Whatever."

I sighed, putting on a tight smile

This place was almost my second home, I grew in this studio when my parents brought it as a gift for my fifteenth birthday. I spend my days practicing here, eating here, and practicing again. This place already took a place in my heart. I heard my first ballet song in this very room, I did my very first formal practice in here. This dance studio is so important to me. Through those years, I learned that it's not just people that someone can love but sometimes it could also be a place, an object, an animal, or even a feeling. But I understood that not all people agree with that, just like Yuta did.

The thing was, Yuta wasn't fond of me. To be exact, he hated me.

If Yuta always got on my nerves. I simply appreciated Taeyong for completely ignoring me. At least he exerted some effort to avoid me. Because if we were ever in a spot with each other, he always got out as soon as he could. And that's better than Yuta who always had something to say. But someday, I hope they would not dislike me so much.

Since Doyoung saw something good in them, that they continued to be friends. I hope I see their good side too.

"If you don't mind... I'm just gonna practice in here."

I walked to the mirror and tied my hair into a bun, putting clips to give it a stronger grip. Once I was done, I immediately started doing my warm-up routine.

"Uhmm-Doyoung.." I silently called out to him

He looked at me,"Yes?"

"Can you pass me my theraband? It's in the right zipper," I pointed using my lips.

He threw it right at my hand, and I mumbled a quick thank you.

Once I had the therabands, I slowly situated it in my foot as I did a ten up and down direction on the right foot and also another ten on the left foot.

For the next part, I prepared my legs for eight floors to rise each foot.

I did that portion of the routine for 20 minutes and I sat down to put my ballet shoes on.

I released a sigh and did the next part.

I steadily pointed my toes as I demonstrated my pointe stretches.

After a few more minutes of exercising. I proceeded to the metal rails attached to the started doing leg mounts.

"Hey, Doyoung-ah," I hear Yuta's voice

He mumbled in a hurry, "I'm just gonna go out"

"Why? Me and Taeyong are planning to beat you in this cool online game" Doyoung said, his eyes fixed on his iPhone.

"Well...I just hate this place," I accidentally looked at him and saw his gaze fixated at me.

"Hey! Don't say that," Doyoung said but when he looked up Yuta was gone.

Thanks for reading🌼