▎forteen

I hate you

That was the first time I ever said that phrase before. I never expected to say it today either.

I walked in the street with no destination planned. After asking for a small amount of money and clothes from a friend. I ended up in a small store.

"Ramyeon will have to do for now"

I dived in and started eating when an idea popped in my head.

My father's number. I still have it. I stopped eating and quickly dialed his digits. I know my mom told me he left the country, but I wanted to take my chances of possibly meeting him again. Or if I can't, at least I get to talk.

Many unexpected things happened and I don't know what to feel anymore. Yuta's words never left my mind until my call went straight to voice mail.

"Maybe he changed his number?" I stared in disappointment.

I know I said I never disliked my father for cheating with mom. But it made me sad why he were bold enough to leave without sparing his daughter time.

Bad things happen in a blink of an eye. All these is making me feel dull and numb. And worse, I don't have anyone to lean on.

Maybe, Yuta was right. I wasn't there when Doyoung needed someone, so now I'm also here eating ramyeon alone. Karma hits pretty fast.

"there you are!" A voice spoke and I turned around.

"Why did you leave without telling me?" she said as she sat in a chair beside me. And I never felt more happy to see her. Strangely, I didn't notice her at the party.

"why did you leave?"

Silenced..

"Eunsol..."

"seon mi, its nothing." she scoffed in disbelief.

"Nothing? Come on, I saw you cry"

"I did not!" I defended, slightly standing up.

She pursed her lips "Seeing how you are reacting. I'm sure something's up"

She held her hands together and snapped her fingers.

"What did Yuta do again?!" She screamed.

"Uhh-nothing?" I avoided her gaze.

"Did he judge our diets again? Aish-I knew he always hated ballerinas!" she nagged, shifting uncomfortably.

"what? Because we follow a strict schedule? Or because we dance? He plays football, and we never judge him. That shootbag. I'll literally-"

"A-are you okay?" seon mi touched my shoulder softly while I wiped my tears away.

"See? I knew its something serious." she bit her lips and made me look at her.

"Do you know why many of us like you?" I shifted at her sudden question

"No"

"me neither" she shrugged and at the same time, she held a serious expression.

"its good to cry but stop being so dramatic. Show him why we like you or something"

"thank you Seon mi" I hugged her tight. She was the first to pull away and suddenly flicked my forehead.

"The next time you cry alone. I will really tell Doyoung you like him. Plus, you made me go through such a cringey moment" She glared playfully and I sighed.

"You know how I'm not good in comforting" she mumbled and I figured its time to tell her.

"the truth is..." I paused "he has a girlfriend"

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, Plot twist. I know right" I grabbed the bottle of water I brought from the store and sipped from it.

"A-are you kidding me? But we planned where you should do your wedding, your honeymoon and how many kids you should have!" she wriggled around, frustrated.

"We made a powerpoint out if it!"

I looked around nervously and made her quiet "Seon mi, stop exposing us."

"Well, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" I'm not.

"Geez, you liar" she ruffled my hair making me remember the way Doyoung does it.

"What? Are you hallucinating I'm him?"

I waved my hands dismissively "No! Of course not!"

"you're so easy to read. Anyways, this place is closing soon and-"

"Its open 24/7"

"Whatever, Let's get you home!"

•••••

"Eunsol, i called you here because I want you to participate in the contest." Ms. Bora said, handing me a brown folder. In between my training, I was suddenly called out to her office and I sat across her desk, greeting her with a smile.

"This has the information you need. I know you'll do your best. But that's not enough, you need to train harder"

I smiled genuinely "Are you really choosing me?"

"base on my personal choice, i'd choose you. Everyone is good but there always someone who stands out" she said, grinning at me.

"Let's train starting next week. I'll handle the other students. I'm sure they're happy that you get the spot"

I stood up from my seat and bowed at her.

"Thank you so much Ms. Bora"

"you would have expected it anyway." She teased.

"I really appreciate this"

She shook her head "All I did was choose. You made everything happen"

I went back into my seat as we talked about the contest. Winning it could guarantee a sponsorship and I could permanently train in France where the best ballet schools stood. I would be so honored to be able to have the chance.

"I'll personally check your weight and movements. Stay late if you must and use the practice room"

I nodded vigorously "yes Ms. Bora. I won't let you down!"

"let's see about that when you win the contest"

I never expected that this blissful feeling would easily be replaced just because I didn't notice a figure listening at our conversation. Her hands forming a fist as she glared at my back.

"Why are you stealing what's mine again?"

Thanks for reading🍁