▎ forty-five

I plopped down on my bed with a satisfactory smile. Today went greater than I expected.

Han Byul and I resolved our awkward tension. I apologized for avoiding her and she gave me the smile I once saw on her when we first met at the café. I can't explain what I felt once I and Han Byul shared a hug. It's like a huge boulder was taken away from my shoulders. I was guilty of putting all my frustrations on Han Byul. I used to avoid her all the time. I was scared that I'd lash at her even though she wasn't at fault. I gave Han Byul a very well-deserved apology and now, I can sleep peacefully tonight.

Or not.

I grabbed my phone, seeing a message from someone.

Can we talk? I have something to tell you. The message indicated.

I quickly took my coat and swung it over my shoulder.

That's right. We really need to talk.

-

"Hey,"

I spun around to Winwin's voice.

Winwin licked his lips nervously. He shook his palms together and walked towards me.

"Hello." I waved my hand.

He gestured me to sit down on a random bench. He didn't specifically say where to meet but just like him, we need to talk.

We stayed silent for a few minutes before Winwin edged closer to me.

He avoided my gaze. I noticed his hesitance so I gave him an encouraging smile.

"Winwin, you can talk to me."

He softly nodded, "Hari and I slept with each other."

I exhaled a sharp breath and smiled, "Okay."

That's one thing off the agenda. Although I was surprised by his sudden confession.

Yes, Winwin is the father. It all started at the party at Hexagon Club. Somehow, they ended up making out and created a blessing.

I'm not planning to stick my nose in their business. But I'm worried about Hari's sake. That day in the bathroom. When she said she was pregnant? Hari looked too broken. I need to fix the things that I have the power to fix.

After almost an hour of comforting Hari. Seon Mi gathered her courage to ask a sensitive question. "Hari, can you at least tell us who's the father?"

But all Hari did was glance at us before trying to exit the bathroom.

Seon Mi yanked Hari back to the sink and released her.

"Either you tell us or we find him ourselves! Can't you see Hari? This is serious. You can't handle this alone. We are just trying to help you!"

"Fine! Fine!" Hari placed her hand above her head. She was trying to comfort herself.

"It's Winwin." She whispered.

Seon Mi turned around and squatted on the floor. Seon Mi's eyes widened. I soothed Hari by caressing her back.

"You liked him ever since forever. Why are you keeping this from him?" Seon Mi exposed.

Hari's pupils dilated and she immediately looked at my reaction. Seon Mi raised her eyebrow, confused.

The thing is, I didn't really know that Hari liked Winwin.