▎eighteen

11am. I'm currently in the school field with beads of sweat covering my forehead because I'm exposed of the glowing sun. Everyone has been preparing this event for 2 months, especially the student council which I am part of. And we all can't wait to see how our hard work paid off.

Thankfully, we got help from the teachers and parents. But this day mainly focuses on the students so they all showed their support throughout the whole event and left it to us. Sports Day have always been a day we all looked forward to because it gives us more opportunities to socialize with other people which in return creates a friendly environment for the school, it also gives a chance to all athletes a chance to play their desirable sports.

And nothing can ease the heart to see this event go as planned.

Hari and SeonMi scurried away to change into their PE uniform consisting of our color coded shirts paired with white shorts as well as everybody else while I organized the beverages.

"Eunsol!!!" Han Byul ran towards my direction and I smiled.

"I'm glad you're here. Can you help me set up the tent?" I asked which she gladly complied to do.

"So..." She paused, making me look at her. "you left that night. Was it because of me?"

I exhaled a sharp breath, my sweat increasing because I'm nervous. What should I say to her?

"Yeah, I left because you and Doyoung made me sad and I was on the edge of confessing but suddenly you showed up which made me feel kinda pathetic..not to mention, Yuta, that darn man stepped on me and now, I'm literally crazy"

"Eunsol?" Han Byul waved her hands in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Was I really the reason you left? You didn't answer my question" she mumbled lowly.

I'll get over it. I just gotta be dramatic first.

"No. It's not because of you." I chuckled, putting my arms on her shoulder. "Why would it be?"

She didn't reply but at least she gave me a smile that says Thanks!

"Ms. Vice President Park Eunsol!" The secretary of the SC walked to my direction, clinging to me.

I raised my eyebrows "Mina,You want something from me?"

She giggled, playfully slapping my arm.

"Can we exchange errands just for today?"

I went pass her to arrange the boxes but I urged her to continue so she followed me around.

"Can you get the jerseys from the male's locker room?"

I stopped my tracks and looked at her.

That place is rumoured to be haunted by a middle aged man who died because of a fire. Same old, same old.

"don't worry, all boys are on the court already. You'll be the only one there" she nervously laughed.

"you know the rumour right? I'm not trying to scare you but they say a man appears out of nowhere and kidnaps students" She bit her nails, as if she's imagining the terrorizing thought.

"and for the record, you're braver than me when it comes to these things. So..please?" she held my hand and I sighed.

"Okay, just for today" I waved my hand to Mina and ran as fast as I can. I need to do many tasks today. So better hurry and get this done.

"Oh wait! He mentioned something about a broken lock or something!"

Mina must have said something but because of our far distance. I couldn't hear it anymore. I hope it isn't something important.