▎fifty-five

Soft.

Yuta's lips are soft.

Eunsol had a fleeting thought of not wanting to let go. It feels so perfect...so right.

But she slowly pulled away.

Her breathing was heavy, her eyes wide in surprise and the identical expression looked back at her.

For a second, Eunsol thought Yuta would glare at her for kissing him.

But then he smiled.

His stare was different from the rest. It was affection instead of despise. But could it be that Eunsol was too blind to notice that it had been affection all along? That Yuta's been showing her his feelings through his eyes. But Eunsol just didn't pay attention?

Eyes don't lie after all.

Yuta poured his emotion into that kiss they shared. Unknowingly, Eunsol did too.

"I am so sorry for interrupting..."

A voice said behind them. Eunsol glanced at Yuta and saw him turn around.

"Jungwoo," Yuta said, smiling.

Why was he not embarrassed?

Eunsol pressed her lips in a thin line, as though avoiding a smile at Jungwoo's teasing gaze. 

"I didn't see anything." Jungwoo lifted his arms in surrender. The smirk on his face clearly showing he did, in fact, see everything.

"I think we have to cook breakfast and start the day early, what do you say?" Jungwoo asked.

After calming her beating heart for a minute, Eunsol nodded, shrugging. Yuta patted his shorts, placed one hand on his pocket and offered to help Eunsol with his other hand.

The said girl grinned at him, took his hand and intertwined it with her own. 

Jungwoo's squeal could be heard from a distance.

Breakfast was over. 

The group of friends were currently in the patio of the beach house. None of them brought up the sudden closeness that Eunsol and Yuta were doing just a few feet in front of them. They knew, deep inside, that it was bound to happen...one way or another.

All that bottling up tension had to wind up somewhere. However, they were dead curious how it happened.

To be specific, they were a little bit disappointed that on the peak of Eunsol and Yuta's romance, they all had to be snoring and snuggled up in bed. Granted, they personally  wanted to witness it. But it's not like it was their business.