▎ seven

My ballet classes normally end at 8pm but since I felt the urge to stay there for 45 minutes more to practice my variations, I did.

I got out of the academy by 8:45 and I'm walking to the place where I can meet Mr. Shin so he can pick me up.

This is actually very nice. The night sky is so breathtaking, the lights are so mesmerizing and the air is so warm that I feel it hugging me.

This gives me more time to dive deeper and think about the contest.

I swung my tote bag as more possibilities pass through my mind.

I want to go to France and perform, I want to feel the feeling of being able to prance around a stage especially made for me.

I sighed "I will do it, this is my chance." I sat at the bus stop and waited for Mr. Shin to pull over.

"I can do it. This has been my dream and I won't let some bad thoughts ruin this opportunity. " I tried to cheer myself up.

If I'm gonna join this contest, then I need to have a stable mind and body.

I'm gonna need to double my practice hours and divide my education from my sport.

I nod to myself

I will do this!

A loud noise took me back to reality and saw Mr. Shin pulling near the stop.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Ms. Eunsol," Mr. Shin said, opening the door for me.

"Its okay, I also needed some alone time" I smiled.

"You can always talk to me, you know that right?" Mr. Shin croaked

"Yes, I do" I divert my attention to the window, my lips curving into a smile

The city is beautiful, thanks to this variety of lights

•••••

I'm so happy to be in the comfort of my bed with classical music playing on my phone.

"This is so relaxing" I'm holding a book in my right hand while I do my night routine by icing my feet, I do an ice bucket every night to relieve my foot from all the practice I do.

I iced my feet for 15 minutes then I moved to my strengthening exercises.

I cuddled in my bed while I continued to read the novel I've been busy about when my phone suddenly vibrates.

I looked at the caller ID and unknowingly, I found myself smiling.

I pressed the accept button "Hey Doyoung, did you miss me?"

"Pfft, you wish.." I can literally see him rolling his eyes.

"Why did you call me?" I urged

"Yeah, I missed you" He dragged the sentence and I giggled.

"Yah, skip to the point. I have to read something"

He stayed silent for a moment

"Hey" I leaned closer to the screen

"Are you still there?"

Silence...

He finally spoke gently "Can I come over?" He requested

I slouched and my heart began to beat rapidly.

"what?" I bit my lips, choosing my words sluggishly

"Come on, we do that all the time..." He laughed nervously, referring to his question "I don't even need to ask for your permission"

I heard a few shuffling and footsteps in the background and I assume he's walking.

"I'm going!" He said one last time, hanging up.

I sighed, putting my phone in my lap and staring at it.

Eunsol...why are you suddenly overreacting! This is normal for both of you! Your heart...Get a grip.

I dragged my hand close to my chest, feeling the fast heartbeat.

"breath in, breath out" I continued to do it until I relaxed.

"Stay normal with him, like always"

•••••

Doyoung came earlier than I expected and we both decided to hang out in the living room.

I looked at Doyoung suspiciously-I mean.. in fact, everything about Doyoung today is suspicious

He sat on the couch with a tight expression in his face and he made it seem like his mission to find the best movie there is.

"Hey, Doyoung-ah" I leaned towards him

"Why are you suddenly interested in watching movies on a school night?" I squint my eyes harder so I can't miss any lies he would tell.

"Eunsol, the truth is-" He was about to tell something when I somehow caught a glimpse of a familiar figure in the television.

"Wait, stop" I gestured him to scoot a little to the side when I noticed my mother's name on the news headline.

I moved cautiously nearer to the screen.

Mrs. Park Minseo of Park Financial caused a ruckus at the Luxury Hotel after finding out that her husband never left the country for a business trip and was just in a Casino Hotel near Gangnam. It was later found out that he had a relationship with one of his business partners from-

The next few words became blurred noises and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. My heart seemed to twist at every word exposed to me.

"what's this?" My voice becoming brittle, I turned to face Doyoung and he looked at me with melancholic eyes.

Did he know about this? And he didn't tell me?

I quickly went to find the remote and pressed the next button, in the hope to find out that this isn't really happening. But, much to my dismay... it's all true.

Mr. Park of Byungchul Incorporation found cheating at Luxury Hotel-

I pressed the button again.

Mr. Park and Mrs. Park processing a divorce after-

I pressed it repeatedly, not believing what I'm witnessing right now.

Mr. Park Byungchul caught cheating at Luxury Hotel-

Mr. Park Byungchul never left the country as he announced.

I crouched at the floor, staring at the broadcast. It's all over the internet. The commotion, the videos, the footage, and the faces of a different woman.

Tears flooded the corner of my eyes and all I wished at that moment is that all this was just another bad dream.

Thanks for reading🍁