▎ fifty

The car stopped in front of a very familiar building. The structure with almost 50 floors and made of pure and refined gold. 

I wonder why Yuta wants to meet here. And not in a cafe or something. But I'm not one to complain so I shrugged it off and proceeded to the door. 

What if we're here to talk about business? I'm in their company after all. 

The thought made me sad. 

"Hi there!"  

A woman wearing a business casual attire greeted me in the front desk. 

After returning her greetings. I looked around the first floor. This is the portion of the building that entertains visitors. A large couch with a modern table is located in the left corner of the room. There's also a snack bar. 

I've seen the others(Jungwoo, etc.) brag about their companies but Yuta never spoke about himself. 

He's always the silent one. 

"Are workers busy? I don't see anyone around..." I trailed off, just asking out of curiousity.

The woman chuckled, "No, actually, Mr. Nakamoto asked for a favor so no one's working today."

"Only you?"

"Yes, only me." She beamed.

We stared at each other for a few seconds. Until I decided to break it by pointing at the couch and laughing awkwardly.

"I guess I came here first. I'll just sit and wait-"

"Oh no, don't sit there! That's not where you should be!" Her eyes widened, she moved her hands around and leaned closer to me. The desk giving us a few inches.

I chuckled lowly. I didn't think much about her odd behavior. I listened to what she said and turned my soles around. Before I did, I could've sworn I hear someone say: 

"Shit, that was close"

But that's probably just my mind. (I never curse though)

Rather than going back to the woman. I turned my back on her to check the couch.

A hand on my wrist stopped me from doing so. "Oh look! Yuta is here!" The woman laughed nervously.

I slowly took her hands away and looked at the automatic doors.  Yuta strides into the room. 

When our eyes met, Yuta's eyes widened and he suddenly wanted to go back outside. But the door just closed, making his head bump against the glass.

That probably hurts but why did I find it cute?

"Owww..." 

Yuta's groans snapped me out of my thoughts. I walked to him, hovering my hand on his forehead. Unsure of what to do, I only stared as he screeched in pain. 

"Are you okay?" I asked.

No, of course not. That's the wrong question. 

Yuta lifted his face upwards as though he was embarrassed. After sighing, he looked me in the eye and smiled nervously.

For some reasons, I couldn't help but smile too. 

"T-that was d-dumb, right?" Yuta pointed at the doors, describing his encounter with it. He bit his lips, trying to suppress a laugh.

"It was dumb, yes." I chuckled.

He did it too.

It took one look at each other and we started laughing. Other than the loud air-condition, our laughs were the only sound that filled the silent lobby.