▎ forty-one

11 : 55 pm ↪ Hexagon Club

The reception had a bar, a swimming pool, and a mini-movie theatre. This place was rented only for exclusive members who got invited. And since it was so hard to reserve a day in here, everyone literally stomped around as they sway with the music. With headphones on, Johnny was doing his thing with the vinyl records and DJ software. The owner was kind enough to lend Johnny the DJ's job only for a few hours and it meant the world to the Chicago man. He was having the greatest moment of his life to not bother looking out for his wasted cousin. 

"Let's party!" Hari drunkenly said. She swings her hips to the side, dancing like it's her last day on earth. 

"Eunsol, let's dance!" 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Taeyong took advantage of the forgoing conversation between Doyoung and Yuta to leave. He was calmly making an exit and in a second, he was gone.

"Hari, I think you should stop drinking-"

Hari raised her index finger against my lips, shutting me up immediately. "Honey, this party is for you. Aren't you happy that I planned it out?" she pouted.

"Yes, I'm very happy," I whispered while softly placing her hand around my shoulder and guiding her to a vacant seat. 

Once she was positioned comfortably. I sat at the side and pulled her head onto my lap so she could use it as a pillow. After mumbling a quick thank you, she closed her eyes.

Hari opened her mouth but only a giggle came out. She hugged herself as she buried her body on the couch. "Babies are kind of cute Eunsol." 

I looked at her and nodded. I was confused as to why she  brought up that topic but I shrugged it off, "Yes, they are."

"But Hari is cuter." She replied, referring herself from a third person's point of view.

I giggled, softly pinching her cheeks and admiring her sleepy state. "Yes, Hari is cuter."

Her mouth curved into a smile, "I feel like I want to have a-"

Hari's sentence was interrupted by a loud ringtone that specifically came from my pocket.

I picked it up, turning my phone on and looking at the caller ID, a big smile plastered itself on my lips. 

"Hey Hari, I really need to take this call..." 

Hearing her name, Hari suddenly formed a microphone with her hands and screamed, "Just get out already!"

I chuckled at her response and slowly placed her head on the pillow. "I'll be right back."

I took large steps as I went out of the club and sat on an elevated cement.  

"Hello?" I answered politely.

"Is this Park Eunsol?" A woman's voice that seemed all too familiar spoke.

"Yes, it's me."

My heart beat erratically in my chest. One minute of silence made me feel anxious. With endless outcomes, there was no way I'd miss a second of this call. Like hail on a window pane, the tapping of my fingers against my lap was relentless. That was until, she finally spoke.

"You got accepted!"