▎ thirty-one

"Happy birthday Eunsol!"

I squinted my eyes to give a a better look. The crowd consisted of all my friends.

A sudden notification caught my attention and I opened my phone.

Unknown
Get ready. I hope you're gonna love my gift.

I furrowed my eyebrow and shrugged it away. It must be just a friend.

"Doyoung?"

The crowd stepped aside and made Doyoung walk in front of me.

With a cake in his hand, he showed me his brightest smile.

"the kids said you didn't want a celebration but..."

I gave Haechan and Mark a look.

"what?" Haechan furrowed his eyebrow.

"Anyways, we have a gift for you!" Jungwoo giggled. He clapped his hands and took my hand.

The next thing I knew, I was being assisted with a blindfold on my eyes.

"Please don't play any jokes." I worriedly said.

I can't see anything for gosh's sake!

"Shut up, winwin. Just let me do the work!" a voice spoke behind me.

I recognize that as Hari's voice, followed by Winwin.

"But you can't carry that." another whispered.

"stop shouting." I could hear her slap Winwin's shoulder.

He groaned in response, "I'm gonna—"

"We're here!"

Someone slowly took the blindfold away and I froze once I realized why I was here.

"Surprise!" they said all at once.

I never expected them to bring me to such a dreamy place.

"you guys..." I started getting teary-eyed.

"Oh no, don't cry." Seon Mi pouted and hugged me.

This is the best gift I ever received from anyone.

Right in front of me is a an auditorium. Basically a massive stage with different designs. Are they expecting me to dance?

My thoughts were confirmed when I was given a tank top and ballet slippers.

"Go and own that stage." Winwin patted my head and I hugged him.

"I can't believe you'd do this." I beamed.

I was walking to the changing room while continuously wiping my tears away. With the costume on my hands, I quickly changed and went to the backstage.

"Why did you invite so many people?" I said, glancing at the crowd whom I barely know.

Its not because I was nervous. Stage fright isn't my thing. I would perfom in a place with thousands of people anyway when I join the competition. There's no use being scared. 

Hari slapped my shoulder, "Its your big day. Everyone was willing to help."

Doyoung smirked, leaning against the thin wall. "Who would want to miss your performance anyway?"

I smiled tightly. "Thank you."

I admit, this was a bit too sudden. I didn't expect I'd have to dance for a lot of people for my birthday.

After doing my warm-ups. Taeil and the others went at the back to meet and greet me. I was so thankful to them for making this possible.

Our conversation was cut off when  people started cheering.