▎ thirty-two

While Eunsol and the others were having fun. Another person in particular was on her way to Ms. Bora's office.

Yena's mom cautiously entered the director's office with an expensive handbag. Anyone who would see her walking would think she's an actress.

Mrs. Han knocked to confirm her presence and didn't wait for anyone to respond before she came in.

Mrs. Bora's gaze immediately landed to the door.

She greeted Yena's mother with a smile and offered her a seat which Mrs. Han gladly took.

After sitting back to her chair, Ms. Bora placed her palms on the desk.

"So what brings you here Mrs. Han? Yena is not in the academy right now."

The parent only smirked before placing a white envelope on the desk.

Ms. Bora raised her eyebrow "What's this for?"

She opened the envelope and inside it was a huge amount of money.

"You already know that the founder dines in my restaurant, right? We're very close and I asked him to do a favour for me."

Although Ms. Bora was confused. She urged Yena's mother to continue.

"Yena is very talented. But she can't reach her potentials because you're only focused on one person."

Ms. Bora crossed her arms. "With all due respect. I do not know where this conversation is leading us."

"I talked to the founder and he made the conclusion to fire a coach who doesn't bring the best in her students. What's the use of a teacher who can't-"

Ms. Bora scoffed. "Are you suggesting I leave my post?"

Mrs. Han chuckled, "Of course not.

But a lot of teachers are lining up for your position right now. It would be a waste if you leave. The competition is tough for people like you."

Mrs. Han observed her from head to toe, "Coaches like you, I mean."

Mrs. Bora was irritated with the look Yena's mother was giving her. As if Mrs. Han was judging her.

"I beg to differ."

"First of all," Mrs. Han said.

"I'm giving you this money for a simple favour. Even the founder already said yes without hesitation."

"Second, all you ever do is focus on one person. Specifically, Eunsol. Did you ever try exploring the skills of other students?"

Ms. Bora felt a pang on her chest. She was right.

She believed in Eunsol so much that she made it her goal to make Eunsol successful; abandoning her other ballet students. 

"that's what makes you an incompetent teacher. This is enough reason for the school to kick you out."

Ms. Bora anxiously took a cup and filled it with water.

Mrs. Han ignored the coach and continued to talk.

"I heard the school is going through bankruptcy and is on the edge of closing.

If this happens. Where will you get money?"

Ms. Bora's only source of income was being a ballet coach. With all her debt, she can't risk not having a job at all.

"This money is enough to support the school again."

"But in exchange for that...."

Ms. Bora shifted, glancing at the envelope.

"Make Yena participate for the competition instead of Eunsol."

Ms. Bora frowned. "Eunsol will do it. That's final. "

Mrs. Han rolled her eyes. "Yena said Eunsol isn't even doing well with her training."

A thought popping out in her mind when Yena accidentally saw Eunsol getting stressed out and not being able to do the movements right.

"And you expect a girl who can't even handle a simple divorce to perform for the school?"

"She's only 18!" Ms. Bora yelled, slamming the desk.

"Yena is more strong-minded. She's as good as Eunsol and even better!"

The mother fixed her hair and forced a smile. "Think about it. It's a win-win situation."

"You get the money and you keep your job.

All that, only if you agree to let Yena dance."

Ms. Bora looked at the money and back at the sly woman in front of her.

"Do you ever realize I can report you to the police right?" Ms. Bora spoke.

"Really? Report me then. Report someone who's only trying to help the school."

Ms. Bora gulped and leaned on her chair.

She should have left the office early. Then maybe, she did not have to choose between her job and a girl who she believes in so much.

Yena does have skills. But she lacks something that Eunsol has.

Passion;  Eunsol moves gracefully like she was made to do ballet. Eunsol enjoy what she does and Ms. Bora admires that.

But, if someone has to choose between her job and Eunsol...

"Give me some time to think about it."

Mrs. Han smirked.

"This is as good as a yes" she thought.

"Okay then. I'll leave the money here."

Yena's mother left the office with a satisfied smirk. 

Thanks for reading🍁