▎ eight

C A F E

-1 W E E K A G O-

Ring...ring... Ring...

Eunsol who was busy reading a romance comic book looked at her phone and accepts the sudden call before uttering "Mom?"

Her mom quickly replied, "Honey, are you perhaps in the studio?"

Eunsol shook her head and replied "No, I'm in a cafe with Doyoung"

"Oh, that's great. Can you do me a favor?"

Eunsol hesitantly said yes, not noticing the presence of someone with her. "Can you please go home and send me the folder in the master's bedroom? I am so forgetful sometimes. I need it for business collaboration with KIM Enterprises. Please?"

"Oh, okay mom. I don't mind running some errands" Eunsol shrug

"I'll get you there" Someone suddenly said and she jumped back to see Doyoung, leaning in the bookshelf with his hands in his pocket

"wait-wait! Is that Doyoung? Can I talk to him?" Eunsol's mom questioned with a high-pitched squeal.

Eunsol nodded and handed Doyoung the phone, mouthing him a "My mom wants to talk to you" and he nods in agreement, Doyoung puts the phone against his ears and Eunsol leaned closer to hear what could they be talking about.

"Doyoung, I would like to ask for a favor" Eunsol's mom spoke, her voice suddenly becoming low.

"What is she saying?" Eunsol whispered to Doyoung but he ignores her with a swift glance.

"On the first day of class, I'll be going somewhere to confirm something."

Doyoung sensed the seriousness of her tone and continued to nod.

"This is a very sensitive topic for Eunsol, especially because she thinks nothing is wrong" Her mom sniffed as if she was crying and Doyoung knew what she was talking about her relationship with her husband "P-please take care of her for me"

"Okay, Mrs. Park..." Doyoung said, saddened by the thought of a possible divorce. Eunsol is a mentally strong person but like a tough wall, by time and its environment. It can collapse into pieces. This is what he was afraid of.

"I want to tell her the news myself so please keep her away to the internet. people go crazy sometimes. Please do me a favor. And please drive her here." Her mom sobbed.

"I will drive her back home. You don't have to worry. If you want-I can drive her to your company too"

Eunsol shook her head and waves her hand dismissively at Doyoung as she hears their conversation.

"No, just hang up...please hang up" She pleads and Doyoung sighed.

"Please keep her away from her phone, her laptop, everything" Doyoung nod "If she ends up finding out, I hope you'll be there for her" All he could do was agree.

"Thank you Doyoung, please end the call. I don't want her to get suspicious"

"Okay, Mrs. Park. We'll be on the way" He said, finally ending the call.

E U N S O L' S

M A N S I O N

-PRESENT-

Me and Doyoung sat on the couch in silence as he told me what my mother had said to him that day at the cafe.

I wondered around the house while my breathing slowly became steady, both of us not bothering to utter a single word until Doyoung decided to,