▎ three

"How was your day?" Mr. Shin asked, looking at me through the mirror

"It was fun. I actually met a new friend!" I leaned closer to talk to Mr. Shin

"Oh, really? that's great. How did your practice go?" He swiftly turned right and continued to drive straight

"It ended quite well. Although Yuta and Taeyong hated me for bringing them to my practice"

"Just don't mind those boys. They may still be under puberty." Mr. Shin laughed and so did I.

"Next week will be the start of my senior year. I'm very nervous" I said with honesty and he chuckles.

"Why should you? You do great in class."

I always feel very happy whenever I get to talk to Mr. Shin. He always made the atmosphere light and always boosts my confidence. These little talks mean so much to me.

"I don't know...i feel like I should be nervous...

"and not to mention. Our trainer in ballet school is already back from her hiatus" I looked at the repeating view of the building.

When the car stopped, indicating that the light turned red. Mr. Shin looked at me.

"well, you enjoy it right?"

"Of course. I have friends plus I learn more every day so I can improve to be better."

He looked at me to give me a comforting smile when I suddenly saw a girl passing through the road.

"Mr. Shin! there's a girl!" My face dropped

"A wha-"

He immediately pulled the brakes and I let go of my firm grip in the chair.

"I-I'll go check if she's okay" I opened the door and stepped out of the vehicle

I got out and saw a girl with a book tightly clutched in her chest, she kneeled in front of the car as if she was preparing for the crash.

"A-are you okay?" She seemed confused and looked up at me.

She seemed very familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. She is currently wearing an oversized black shirt tucked on her skinny jeans and her petite body was wrapped around by a flannel jacket matched by sneakers. She wore big dorky glasses and her hair was tied up in a messy ponytail. She looks so familiar.

"I'm fine?!" it was more like a question. She covered her mouth as if she couldn't believe she was still alive.

"I'm sorry for almost hitting you" I looked at her

"Mr. Shin over there.." I pointed at the driver's seat "Is getting really old. Should we go to the hospital?"

She cheekily smiled and shook her head "No, it's fine. I'm just glad that I'm okay. Luck isn't really on my side when it comes to something like this" she said but she quickly bit her lips and turned to look at me

"sorry for blabbering. I-I should go" She patted her jeans and smiled at me one last time.

She was about to leave but I stopped her when I suddenly felt the urge to ask her.

"Do you perhaps study in Segang Highschool?"

She stood there silent for a while before hesitantly nodding "Y-yeah... I do"

"Oh, then we must have-" Before I could finish, she already made her way through the crosswalk and ran quickly as possible, not even looking back.

I sighed as I went back to the car and put my seat belt back on

"How was she?" Mr. Shin asked me and I pout.

"She's fine. I just wanted to be friendly since we study in a similar school but-she walked away.." I paused "Without even sparing a glance"

He chuckled "She must have been shy.."

"I could have offered her a ride," I said, looking at the window. "Am I really unapproachable or something?"

Mr. Shin shook his head in disapproval "You can't just talk like that. You should be lifting yourself up, not dragging yourself down" He lectured

"It happens." Mr. Shin said "Even if you do good or do bad. Everyone will always have something to say. It's just a matter of how you handle it. Either you let it ruin you, or let it motivate you"

I glance at Mr. Shin and smiled "have you been a philosopher from your past life?"

"maybe" He chuckled

"I am so lucky to have you. Not anyone can have a perfect companion like you" I said, grinning.

"thank you so much, Mr. Shin. Thank you for going to the house and submitting your resume" I felt the engine shutting down and saw our house from the window.

"I should be thankful. Not anyone can drive a girl around the city that has a heart as pure as yours." He laughed, his wrinkles appearing in his face "Go. Your mom must be waiting."

"Okay" I nodded and waved my hand at him

"Bye!!" I looked at the car as it disappeared in the street.

Home Sweet Home

Thanks for reading🌼