▎ forty-nine

"Good morning!" Yuta proclaimed, stretching his hands. A cute yawn escaping his lips. The boy went out of his room, greeting every person in the house. He sighed beautifully, looking at their mansion's garden from the full-length window. He observed the trees and how the sun reflected the pond.

The maids gave Yuta a side-glance before continuing their tasks. They wanted to ask the boy what's wrong but they didn't want to intrude. It was strange to see Yuta grinning and giggling like a child.

Strange...but in a good way.

"What's up little bro?"

Yuta snaps his head to Momoka.

"I'm happy today."

"It must be Eunsol, huh?"

Momoka didn't even need to guess. It's clear as water.

Yuta nodded.

With a determined look, Yuta held out his fist. "Nothing is going to ruin anything today." He said, almost sounding sinister.

Yesterday, Yuta asked his friends to find the best designer there is and design the whole rooftop of their family's company building. With the permission of his parents, of course. Yuta did not like the idea of his friend's doing the work, considering what they all did in the past.

Yuta loves his friends, platonically. But you can't fully trust them when it comes to plans.

As much as he also wanted to help. At least, to have credit for the effort. Yuta wanted to focus on his speech.

Yuta isn't that brave when it comes to confession. If he can help it, he would have moved the confession for next year.

But he's done waiting.

With all his courage, Yuta started off by telling his friends about what he truly felt for Eunsol. Everyone was shock at first. Particularly, Winwin.

Let's just say, he didn't really embrace the news whole-heartedly. It's been two months but still, it was hard getting over Eunsol. Everyone being too focused on the joy, did not recognize the hurt in Winwin's eyes.

There was even a moment of silence before Taeyong howled, congratulating Yuta. The gang celebrated. They hosted a mini-party for themselves, but mainly for the guy who finally decided to reveal the truth.

No one knew about Yuta's hidden feelings. The Japanese guy was too good at hiding those emotions.

Johnny can't help but wonder if they aren't celebrating too early. He didn't want to ruin Yuta's fun so he kept it to himself. Johnny thought that maybe he's just too paranoid after what happened with Hari. He didn't want to see his friends, especially his cousin having a hard time. You can't blame Johnny though, he's just worried.

Of course, Yuta did not expect Eunsol to accept his feelings immediately. That's why he reminded himself to not get his hopes too high.

With all worry aside, last night was definitely fun. Taeil almost cried when he realized that if Eunsol may perhaps like Yuta back. He won't be single anymore. Johnny stood up, then Taeil, followed by all the other members. They raised their glass, "Toast! To character development!" they cheered emotionally.

"So, what's your plan?" Momoka asked, lifting her fork and biting a piece of pancake from her plate.

Yuta gave his sister a lopsided grin, "I'm going to take her to our company rooftop."

"Hey! That's a great spot." Momoka's jaw dropped.

Yuta nodded proudly.

Aside from the fact that this building is their best building yet. It also has the best view of Seoul.