▎ forty-two

Thank you for 1.8K views!  I'm not sure if my eyes are playing jokes on me-

-

"Is it weird to ask Han Byul for a favor?" Seon Mi repeated my question. Her voice contained a tone that says, "are you kidding me?"

Mr. Jihun was out on a trip to the country side and it would take two weeks before he comes back. I trained with Minsoo unnie for fourteen days and finally, I can meet him. I can't waste a minute since the competition is right behind me.

Training starts at five pm and ends at ten. It was the best deal I could take but I needed someone to be with me. Seon Mi wasn't an option, because of ballet lessons. So was Hari since she has extra classes, she's failing Math.

"Why would it be weird to ask Han Byul?" She scoffed.

I sat back down, resting my elbows on the sheets of my bed, and my head in my hands, "I know it doesn't make any sense."

I could feel Seon Mi rolling her eyes. "Girl, you've been so weird ever since Han Byul transferred to our school."

I put it on speaker and dropped my phone on the bed. I walked to my closet and started scanning for anything to wear tomorrow. 

"Oh shit. Han Byul is Doyoung's girlfriend, right?" Seon Mi yelled.

Her voice echoed through my room. 

"Yeah." 

"Sorry, my brain forgot for a minute." Seon Mi sheepishly said.

My phone vibrated and an invite for a facetime appeared. 

"Hari is calling."

Seon Mi giggled and told me to answer it.

I accepted the call and there stood a very pale Hari. Her eyes had deep circles underneath and her hair was all over the place. 

"Geez, what's wrong with you?" Seon Mi, who also joined the call joked. She almost felt proud that Hari finally gets the pressure of school and decided to pull an all-nighter for the homeworks. 

Hari rolled her eyes irritatingly. "Can I just talk To Eunsol without getting insults, please?" 

Seon Mi was taken aback and her smile faded. "What's wrong with you Hari. Are you on your period or something?" 

Hari grounds her jaw and glared at Seon Mi, "No Seon Mi. Just shut up."

She tilted her head and briefly touched her nose, "Why are you even here? I only called Eunsol."

This time, I decided to step out, "That's enough both of you. "

"She started it." Seon Mi blurted out. Hari chuckled and raked her hair. 

"I don't need this damn attitude. " Hari snapped.

"Eunsol, call me when you're alone. Thank you." Hari emphasized the word alone and she hung up.

Silence occupied us. Seon Mi and I stared at each other asking ourselves what it was all about.

"Okay, she's definitely gonna ignore me tomorrow." Seon Mi mumbled.

Unlike Seon Mi who was salty from what happened. I had a different thing on mind. I'm sure Hari didnt call just to see me nor Seon Mi. Something's off with Hari. She looked so exhausted. School and Hari just don't match.

"We have to talk to Hari tomorrow." 

Seon Mi gave me a look, "Let's see if she doesn't try to avoid me." She sneered before hanging up.

Thanks for reading🍁